Stop Security Center Popup from service pack 2

I have a minor issue with the Security Center message that appears when the
computer is rebooted. The security warning balloon pops up every time the
computer is rebooted.

These computers are used in a public environment (library). I have security
installed to prevent users from entering the security center and changing
any settings, but I do get tired of people reporting to me that their
computer says it has a problem. Is there any way to make the warning
permanently disappear?
1 answer Last reply
More about stop security center popup service pack

    JohnJ wrote:

    > I have a minor issue with the Security Center message that appears when the
    > computer is rebooted. The security warning balloon pops up every time the
    > computer is rebooted.
    >
    > These computers are used in a public environment (library). I have security
    > installed to prevent users from entering the security center and changing
    > any settings, but I do get tired of people reporting to me that their
    > computer says it has a problem. Is there any way to make the warning
    > permanently disappear?
    Hi

    Have you tried this one:

    Control Panel/Security Center, click on the "Change the Way
    Security Center Notifies Me" link in the left pane.

    Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883792

    If the "Change the Way Security Center Notifies Me" doesn't stick
    when you reboot, or you want to disable the Security Center totally,
    you can do the following:

    Start/Run --> services.msc

    Find "Security Center" in the list, double click on it, set
    "Startup type" to Disabled.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Configuration Security Computers Windows XP