Stop Security Center Popup from service pack 2

October 18, 2004 10:55:42 AM

I have a minor issue with the Security Center message that appears when the
computer is rebooted. The security warning balloon pops up every time the
computer is rebooted.

These computers are used in a public environment (library). I have security
installed to prevent users from entering the security center and changing
any settings, but I do get tired of people reporting to me that their
computer says it has a problem. Is there any way to make the warning
permanently disappear?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 18, 2004 9:46:54 PM

JohnJ wrote:

> I have a minor issue with the Security Center message that appears when the
> computer is rebooted. The security warning balloon pops up every time the
> computer is rebooted.
>
> These computers are used in a public environment (library). I have security
> installed to prevent users from entering the security center and changing
> any settings, but I do get tired of people reporting to me that their
> computer says it has a problem. Is there any way to make the warning
> permanently disappear?
Hi

Have you tried this one:

Control Panel/Security Center, click on the "Change the Way
Security Center Notifies Me" link in the left pane.

Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883792

If the "Change the Way Security Center Notifies Me" doesn't stick
when you reboot, or you want to disable the Security Center totally,
you can do the following:

Start/Run --> services.msc

Find "Security Center" in the list, double click on it, set
"Startup type" to Disabled.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: