I'm building a new system using the existing CORE 2 Quad Processor Q9505, 6MB Cache, LGA 775 with me next week. I'm really confused about the motherboard as I would like to do a little OC. I have shortlisted the following boards, Please help me to choose the best one or suggest me one, even ok if not in the below list.
1. ASUS Rampage Extreme X48.
2. ASUS P5E3 Premium/Deluxe.
3. Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 or Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Suggest me also the Compatible RAM : Can any board support both DDR2 and DDR3 ?
1. Kingston - Let me also know which latency is the best ?
2. Transcend - Let me also know which latency is the best ?
3. G-skill - Let me also know which latency is the best ?
I'd go with Rampage Extreme. I once OD'd a frend's Core2Quad Q9550 and got it to work @ 3.5GHz Stable... i know it can get higher but that took me around 5 minutes!
Also, GREAT FSB speeds, and as he told me he OC'd it good... google for reviews