Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Mixing memory

Last response: in Memory
September 1, 2010 2:26:23 AM

Hey guys i currently hav 1x kingston and 1x corsair both 1GB 667Mhz. I was planning to sell my corsair and buy a bnew kingston 2gb 800mhz. Will the new setup work?

What settings/parameters should i look out for to male sure it works?

My mobo is an asus m2n68-am se2 am2+ mobo.

Thanks

Ps, this is only temporary, say a few months. Once i sell both my 1gb modules ill be able to get me the 2x of the same brand kingston 2gb. Was just wondering if i can live with this setup until i sell both sticks

More about : mixing memory

Best solution

a b } Memory
September 1, 2010 4:56:34 AM

xcel_jkl said:
Hey guys i currently hav 1x kingston and 1x corsair both 1GB 667Mhz. I was planning to sell my corsair and buy a bnew kingston 2gb 800mhz. Will the new setup work?

What settings/parameters should i look out for to male sure it works?

My mobo is an asus m2n68-am se2 am2+ mobo.

Thanks

Ps, this is only temporary, say a few months. Once i sell both my 1gb modules ill be able to get me the 2x of the same brand kingston 2gb. Was just wondering if i can live with this setup until i sell both sticks

Yes, it can work. The faster stick (Kingston) will down-clock to the 667mhz. There should not really be any settings or parameters that you will have to manually set. Just install CPU-Z and look at the memory tab after you install the new RAM, nothing should read crazy and as long as the system is stable, you are fine.
September 1, 2010 4:12:53 PM

Best answer selected by xcel_jkl.
m
l
a b } Memory
September 1, 2010 11:36:19 PM

Thanks!
m
l
!