Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

GT 240 vs 9800GT

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 23, 2010 4:37:13 AM

Does anyone know which of these is the better 1 ?
Thx :D 

More about : 240 9800gt

a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 4:51:13 AM

A GT240 performs somewhere on the lines of a 9600GT. A 9800GT would be much better.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 169 U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 5:11:43 AM

Yes,9800GT is a faster card
January 23, 2010 5:17:23 AM

GT240 is better than 9800GT green edition but normal 9800 is always better...
a c 376 U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 7:14:15 AM

ayascool said:
GT240 is better than 9800GT green edition but normal 9800 is always better...

No
January 23, 2010 7:47:57 AM

Having just bought a GT 240 for a SFF, I can say if I had it to do again, I would go with the 9800 green edition. It's much faster and the cost is about the same.
a c 197 U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 9:16:04 AM

Same as everyone said, 9800GT i better... :) 
January 23, 2010 1:10:54 PM

GT240=9600GT. rebranding
a c 332 U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 3:23:22 PM

zerovit said:
GT240=9600GT. rebranding

Which would account for one being a 65nm GPU and the other being a 40nm GPU and one having 96 cores whilst the other only has 64 but other than that they are exactly the same other than those rather major differences.
a c 376 U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 7:23:07 PM

Mousemonkey said:
but other than that they are exactly the same other than those rather major differences.

Only if you ignore the different core speed, memory clocks, type and bus as well as level of directx support.
To be fair though they both ARE graphics cards AND made by Nvidia so it's an understandable mistake.
a c 332 U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 7:27:14 PM

jyjjy said:
Only if you ignore the different core speed, memory clocks, type and bus as well as level of directx support.
To be fair though they both ARE graphics cards AND made by Nvidia so it's an understandable mistake.

Fair point, well made. :lol: