Sign in with
Your question

Cooler to replace Arctic Cooling Freezer 7

Last response: in Overclocking
September 30, 2012 2:49:55 PM

like the title says i am looking to replace my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 rev2. i had the original Freezer 7 in my last build and it was very quiet, even when it ramped up speed. this new one quite a bit noisier though. at idle is has a slight tick and whenever i start up a game or prime95 it ramps up and sounds like a plane taking off.

it cools just fine; the 2500K is oc'd to 4.0Ghz, for now, and temps only hit 45C after 8hrs of prime95.

i was thinking of getting a Hyper 212 EVO because i heard they are quiet, but the Freezer 7 is also "supposed" to be quiet. if anyone can recommend a different cooler, or has experience with both these coolers, i would like some advice on finding one that is actually quiet and cools well. i know i am posting this in the air cooling section but a closed loop water solution is not off the table.

my system:
i5 2500K@4.0Ghz
Asus P8Z68-M PRO(micro ATX)
Antec 300 case

my budget: $80 for air $120 for water US Dollars
September 30, 2012 5:17:21 PM

regularguy290 said:
like the title says i am looking to replace my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 rev2. i had the original Freezer 7 in my last build and it was very quiet, even when it ramped up speed. this new one quite a bit noisier though. at idle is has a slight tick and whenever i start up a game or prime95 it ramps up and sounds like a plane taking off.

it cools just fine; the 2500K is oc'd to 4.0Ghz, for now, and temps only hit 45C after 8hrs of prime95.

i was thinking of getting a Hyper 212 EVO because i heard they are quiet, but the Freezer 7 is also "supposed" to be quiet. if anyone can recommend a different cooler, or has experience with both these coolers, i would like some advice on finding one that is actually quiet and cools well. i know i am posting this in the air cooling section but a closed loop water solution is not off the table.

my system:
i5 2500K@4.0Ghz
Asus P8Z68-M PRO(micro ATX)
Antec 300 case

my budget: $80 for air $120 for water US Dollars

Try Thermalright True Spirit or HR-02 macho both are "Unbeatable performance and quiet!"
Available at Amazon.
m
l
!