Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking to Build

Last response: in Systems
January 29, 2010 9:43:13 PM

Hey guys,

I'm looking to build a new PC. I'm going to be using it for HD video editing, Photoshop work, as well as playing movies and music, word processing, internet, e-mail, etc. Basically the works.

I was looking at this DIY Combo on Newegg and just wanted to see what others thought. All opinions and advice appreciated.

Here's the link: Core-i7/P6T

Thanks!

Josh

Edit to follow the guidelines:

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: No ETA really BUDGET RANGE: <$1000 if possible.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: HD Video Editing, Photoshop work, movies, music, maybe some audio editing as well, pretty much everything except gaming at some point, I would guess.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com, or any other if they're reputable and and the price is right. COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel processor

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: N/A, although eventually I'm looking to go with Dual 22" monitors, so if the price is right, I'd consider them now. At least 1680 x 1050 resolution if so.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I understand that I don't need the dual video cards, and actually, I'm planning on purchasing a Quadro FX card for my video editing machine (in case I decide to get some Avid editing software down the road), but I was planning to use one of these graphics cards as an upgrade in my current PC (Pentium D with a Radeon X1550, I'll add the full PC specs to my sig later.) The second I was going to throw in a machine that I will be building for my brother in the next couple of months. The DVD burner would probably be used in my brother's new build as well, since I'm probably going to purchase a Blu-Ray Burner.

More about : build

Best solution

January 29, 2010 11:04:42 PM

IMO, that is kind of overkill for your needs. I think you could save some money going with a core i5/LGA 1156 board (P55 motherboard). Also I would recommend going with just one video card, you don't have gaming on your list, which negates the need for two 3d video cards. But even for most games out now, a single HD5770 or 5850 is plenty of horsepower. I'm not real familiar with the HD 5680, but it sounds like two slower cards instead of one fast one.

But really, if you have researched and this is absolutely what you want, then go for it. Also I recommend you follow the stickies under "new system build". You will get more meaningful responses that way.
January 29, 2010 11:10:15 PM

if you got the money then get the i7 / 1366 rig
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2010 11:41:13 PM

Just a update reply to point to my edited initial post that follows the template laid out in the sticky thread. Sorry for the confusion.
m
l
February 6, 2010 2:20:54 PM

Best answer selected by MaizeNBlue2.
m
l
!