Married Sims Won't Share Bed

Got a married couple but can't get them to sleep together.

First sim will get into bed, then second sim just stands by the bed and
gets annoyed and ends up having to sleep on the sofa, is this normal?

It's only a smallish room and the double bed takes up most of it, could
it be that there's not enough room for one of the sims to walk round to
the other side of the bed to get in, or are we missing something.

Bear with me, if we're missing something completely obvious, never
played any of the Sims games before the weekend :-)
--
Sean Black
5 answers Last reply

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:25:19 +0100 Sean Black wrote:

    > Got a married couple but can't get them to sleep together.
    >
    > First sim will get into bed, then second sim just stands by the bed and
    > gets annoyed and ends up having to sleep on the sofa, is this normal?
    >
    > It's only a smallish room and the double bed takes up most of it, could
    > it be that there's not enough room for one of the sims to walk round to
    > the other side of the bed to get in, or are we missing something.
    >
    > Bear with me, if we're missing something completely obvious, never
    > played any of the Sims games before the weekend :-)

    There has to be space on both sides of the bed for them to get in. Also,
    the fact that they're married doesn't mean they like each other enough to
    share a bed... check their relatinships and if it's too low have them talk
    and interact a lot during the next day.

    Dorte

    In message <70i1b801sbez.1t0mp9ok1ev8j.dlg@40tude.net>, Dorte Schünecke
    <schuenecke@web.SPAMISEVILde> writes
    >On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:25:19 +0100 Sean Black wrote:
    >
    >> Got a married couple but can't get them to sleep together.
    >>
    >> First sim will get into bed, then second sim just stands by the bed and
    >> gets annoyed and ends up having to sleep on the sofa, is this normal?
    >>
    >> It's only a smallish room and the double bed takes up most of it, could
    >> it be that there's not enough room for one of the sims to walk round to
    >> the other side of the bed to get in, or are we missing something.
    >>
    >> Bear with me, if we're missing something completely obvious, never
    >> played any of the Sims games before the weekend :-)
    >
    >There has to be space on both sides of the bed for them to get in. Also,
    >the fact that they're married doesn't mean they like each other enough to
    >share a bed... check their relatinships and if it's too low have them talk
    >and interact a lot during the next day.

    Thanks, just like real-life then, lol.

    There relationship bars are both fully green and they've got 100 next to
    them IIRC, so I think it's a case of not having enough room around the
    bed. I'll try moving it to a bigger room downstairs and see if it works
    from there.
    --
    Sean Black

    "Sean Black" <sean@bucks-aggs.demon.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    > Got a married couple but can't get them to sleep together.

    Man I knew that sims 2 was realistic, but this realistic? ;o)

    > First sim will get into bed, then second sim just stands by the bed and
    > gets annoyed and ends up having to sleep on the sofa, is this normal?

    Is there anything in the thought bubble above the second Sim's head when
    he/she's annoyed? I've been having trouble getting two of my Sims in the
    same bed - turns out there's a kicky sack lying around somewhere that's
    blocking the second one. I can see the angry Sim thinking about it and
    that's how I know it's there. I put their bed in another spot and the
    problem went away... for a while anyway.

    There's a bug fix for that at MoreAwesomeThanYou

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote in message

    > > First sim will get into bed, then second sim just stands by the bed and
    > > gets annoyed and ends up having to sleep on the sofa, is this normal?
    >

    > Is there anything in the thought bubble above the second Sim's head when
    > he/she's annoyed? I've been having trouble getting two of my Sims in the
    > same bed - turns out there's a kicky sack lying around somewhere that's
    > blocking the second one. I can see the angry Sim thinking about it and
    > that's how I know it's there. I put their bed in another spot and the
    > problem went away... for a while anyway.

Sims Games Video Games