i7 930
Asus P6X58D-E
Nvidia 480
12G(6x2) Gskill DDr3 1600
Corsair hx750watt psu
Mushkin 60G SSD
Western Digital 500G HDD
windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Threw the thing together, and booted it up. For a few starts it didn't post. Eventually it did. I noticed that randomly it would freeze upon start up. After some time I got into installing windows on the SSD, and got nearly to completion when I got another freeze. Restarted again. Got all the way to windows, to which then I opened up IE to dl a driver for the 480, when again the system froze. This time when I restarted I can't even post. Right now I only have the cpu, 1 stick of ram installed(tried different slots), and the 480 in. I pulled out the battery and upon restarting I'll sometimes post, but soon after I'll freeze again. Now I'm stuck just restarting over and over until I hit post and trying to get into bios, but soon after I'll freeze again. Does it sound like the board is bad? Or something just configured wrong? I really need this new pc for work and don't want to send the mobo back for an RMA unless it in fact needs one. Any help would be great

Edit: Narrowed it down to the 480 card. I swapped out the 480 for an old 9800 and it boots fine, everything works. Put the 480 back in, same issue of no post. Downloaded the 480 drivers and installed them and tried to boot with the 480 and still have the same issues. Put the 480 back into my OLD rig and it won't boot either. Confused as to what could have happened; I swapped my 480 from my old rig to the new one yesterday and the 480 was never laid out, just from one pc to the next.

Currently in the old rig I'm having the same issue. It won't post, and when it does it will freeze at the post screen or go to a black screen with a cursor flashing and stay there.