Computer randomy reboots

Last response: in Systems
January 30, 2010 2:57:52 AM

CASE ANTEC|THREE HUNDRED BK RT

MB GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R

VGA SAPPHIRE|100282SR HD5850 1GB R

PSU OCZ|OCZ700SXS 700W RT

CPU INTEL|CORE I7 920 2.66G 45N R

MEM 2Gx3|GSK F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ R (running at 1066Mhz)

HD 500G|SEAGATE ST3500418AS %

MNTR ACER|LCD 23" 5MS P235HBMID

DVD BURNER LITE-ON | IHAS124-04 %

CPU THERMPASTE|AS5-3.5G %

Hey everyone this is my build Running Windows 7 Pro. It's my first build and built it yesterday.

It had some issues installing but it finally installed. Just took a long time. But in any case, but the Computer just reboots randomly. PSU seems to be working fine and the CPU cores are all running between 35-41*C Which I feel is pretty good.

Seems to work in Safe Mode fine. Any idea why this computer would randomly reboot?

Appreciate the help. If you guys need anymore information. I'll be sure to fill you guys in further.

Also the monitor wouldn't work through HDMI but will through regular monitor cables. *shrug*

Could this be a voltage issue?

Thanks guys!

-Work.

a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2010 2:04:47 AM

Go into BIOS and set your RAM timings and speed manually instead of the [auto] option, even if it is correct. If you don't know your ram timings and speed, open your case up, take out a stick of RAM and it should say on a sticker along with the voltage.

If the problems persists even after that, Go ahead onto memtest.org and download the memtest86+ .iso file and burn it to a DVD, Put it in your DVD drive, Reboot and Boot into the disk. Let it run for about an hour.
m
l
January 31, 2010 4:53:51 PM

Hmm I'm not sure I set up the BIOS right. But Im running 1 stick of RAM and it's running pretty solid now. I'm suspecting this is definitely a RAM issue. I donwloaded the ISO, I'll go out later today to get some DVDs to burn it on. Any idea why the computer would run fine on only 1 stick of RAM?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2010 1:43:21 AM

Check in your BIOS to see if the other 5 RAM Slots are disabled by default.
m
l
February 1, 2010 1:49:15 AM

I don't know what I did. But I started her up with 1 dimm of ram in. And it was running fine. So I just did some driver installations. Whatever came with the Motherboard and some Windows Updates. Since then, I shut her down, and installed the 2 other Dimms, in the proper slots. Seems to be working fine. Been up and running all day.

I dunno. Someone told me, Win 7 has difficulty installing with so much Ram to account for. Didn't think 6 gb of DDR3 was too much.

So looks all good. I hope. FIngers crossed.

Thanks for the help though, if problems persist later I'll revert back to your suggestions! Thanks again for taking the time!
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2010 6:16:32 AM

No problem.
m
l
February 1, 2010 8:35:48 AM

You might wanna check your Windows event log, too!
m
l
!