Problems with MSI 790FX-GD70 ff

Benwa@69

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
I am running - or was running - an air cooled 790FX-GD70 with Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Quad w/COOLER MASTER GeminII CPU Cooler, 4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600 Dual Channel memory, 500gig HD and a Diamond radeon 4890 .
All of a sudden I am getting the FF error on the mobo and no signal to my display. All other lights and fans are running - from an earlier thread, I thought it might have been the video card - replaced it no difference. MOBO was bought from newegg last sept - Is there any way to bring it back? or i my mobo fried and I need to rma and get a new one? - and if I do so - I will have to reinstall everything - won't I?

Benwa@69

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Tried to rest the CMOS (used the reset button on the mobo) tried both sticks of ram, one at a time and then both again - still the same - no signal to the display and an ff code on the mobo

Benwa@69

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Unfortunately it seems like my MOBO crashed. Finally broke down and took it into a shop and they had to replace it. No clue for the crash - Computer was moved but no other indications - power suuply and all the wiring was ok - surge protector used - not a clue. Replaced with same MOBO and is running like a champ.
Good luck,
B