Problems with MSI 790FX-GD70 ff

I am running - or was running - an air cooled 790FX-GD70 with Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Quad w/COOLER MASTER GeminII CPU Cooler, 4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600 Dual Channel memory, 500gig HD and a Diamond radeon 4890 .
All of a sudden I am getting the FF error on the mobo and no signal to my display. All other lights and fans are running - from an earlier thread, I thought it might have been the video card - replaced it no difference. MOBO was bought from newegg last sept - Is there any way to bring it back? or i my mobo fried and I need to rma and get a new one? - and if I do so - I will have to reinstall everything - won't I?
5 answers Last reply
More about problems 790fx gd70
  1. Try upgrading your bios.
    Memtest your ram one stick at a time.
  2. Hi Benwa@69 and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Resest the BIOS of the rig and test rig with only one RAM stick.
  3. Tried to rest the CMOS (used the reset button on the mobo) tried both sticks of ram, one at a time and then both again - still the same - no signal to the display and an ff code on the mobo
  4. I'm getting the same thing idk what's going on either
  5. Unfortunately it seems like my MOBO crashed. Finally broke down and took it into a shop and they had to replace it. No clue for the crash - Computer was moved but no other indications - power suuply and all the wiring was ok - surge protector used - not a clue. Replaced with same MOBO and is running like a champ.
    Good luck,
    B
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards