Running SLI on crossfire mobo

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I was wondering what I would need to do to run dual Nvidia GTS 250 video cards on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. I know it's technically not possible but I've heard that you can hack the drivers to get it to work. See my problem is this. I've played Crysis and Crysis Warhead and I know how graphically intensive they are. I can only manage half-high/half-medium settings when running in DX10, and Crytek is only using Cryengine 2. Crysis 2 is going to be using Cryengine 3! I really want to spend as little money as possible to get it to work, I don't have an income, just savings. I'd prefer not buying a new mobo as well as a new card, that's my situation. A step-by-step instruction manual as well as a list of dangers is what I'm looking for, any help would be appreciated. (full computer specs below)

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P; Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83Ghz (not overclocked, don't know how to overvoltage safely, unstable); Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 (aka 9800 GTX+); 4GB DDR2 RAM @ 800mhz; 1TB 7200rpm HDD; 550W PSU

PS: If it is indeed possible what minimum watt PSU would I need?

Solution

Railgun1369

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
You don't need a board with an nVidia chipset per se, rather a board that supports SLI eg X58. In this case, the P45 chipset doesn't cut it.

Around August it seems there was a hack that was made. I didn't look that hard, but all references to it point to a single site's page that's no longer available.

Info here
http://xdevs.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.30

You might squeek by with your 550w, if it's a good quality unit.

Solution