GPU GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH, Is GPU fried ??!?

born2kill

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I tried doing a minor o/c to 3.4ghz on my q9550. i ran prime95 for 6 hours and a half where everything seemed to be fine. I then installed crysis and played it for about 45 minutes getting around 45fps, until i got a blank green screen. I tried getting out pressing the keys i usually would (windows key, alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del) although none worked, the audio from crysis was still running. I pushed the reset button on my pc and this time around it booted into a blank, black screen, all fans within the case are working from what i can see (including gpu fan). Suddenly i smell what i hoped to be burnt cookies but it was coming from my case. I open my case and feel each component and realise the gpu was the hottest. I dont understand? Does o/cing the cpu effect your gpu in any way ? i tried letting my gpu cool off for 30mins then turning it back on but the gpu gets really hot quickly and still doesnt display anything so i power it off from the pc switch quickly. I havent touched my gpu settings in any way. If o/cing my cpu does effect my gpu what do i do so i can change my settings back to default, it doesnt display ANYTHING! (if u have taken the time to read my life story so far i appreciate it)

System specs:
Q9550 2.83ghz E0 stepping (3.4ghz o/c)
Thermaltake 850watt silent psu
Gigabyte Ep45T-UD3R
G.Skill ddr3 1333mhz 4gb. (2x2)
Corsair H50 Cpu cooler (push and pull)
Antec 902
500gb seagate barricuda 7200rpm

Cpu settings changed when i o/c it:
400 mhz Bus speed (3.4ghz)
Memory muliplier - 2.66d (1066mhz)
Vcore - 1.33750V
Termination - 1.300V
PPL - 1.500V
Reference - 0.863V

I was told that these o/c setting where safe ..

born2kill

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

I had core temp running on my g15 lcd. Cpu temps were average (55 - 60 celcius) but my gpu obviously was hot. So does this mean the gpu happens to be past the expiry date or me o/c my cpu somehow affected it ?

born2kill

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

If i try another gpu would it get fried aswell ? i havent got a spare gpu so my only option is to get another gtx 275 (absolutely love the card ... not so much that its by inno3d). Should i get aftermarker cooling for the gpu ?

born2kill

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

What are some free nvidia and ati programs that monitor the gpu tempertures fairly well and allow you to change the fan speed ?