Hi there, could you pls review / comment on my first OC?
- Are these temperatures & voltages ok? (these were taken during a Prime 95 run, few hrs I think)
- Are these settings for OC correct?
All details below
Thanks for your help.
Settings for OC are based on this guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclockin...
Additional Turbo Voltage: +0.004v
Offset Voltage: +0.005v
Enhanced Halt State (C1E): Enabled
CPU C3 State Support: Disabled
CPU C6 State Support: Disabled
Package C State Support: Disabled
thx for the quick reply.
Hyper 212 EVO, single fan on CPU cooler (push config towards rear exhaust fan)
Fractal R4 case with 1 intake fan in front & 1 exhaust in back (both 140mm which came with the case)
How do I test cooling performance with GPU PLUS(!) CPU under load.
I assume most games would load CPU and GPU to some extend.
It seems Prime95 only stress tests the CPU.
Should I run Prime95 and a 3D benchmark at the same time?
Also, in case anyone is interested in the Fractal Design Define R4 case cooling / temperature / noise performance, pls see below.
I did the following modifications today. After the measurements in my inital post
- added 1x GTX 670 for SLI
- added Noctua NF-P14 FLX in the side panel, using the black "low noise connector" (= fix 900rpm, connected directly to power)
- changed BIOS settings for cooling fans. default is "always max", which results in permanent +1800 rpm on the CPU fan as per my initial post results)
- new BIOS CPU fan settings are "manual", level 2, temp threshold of 55. This reduced the rpm to 1082 if temp < 55 C. after that rpm inc up to 1870
- I lifted the case, so that the bottom is about 2 cm above the carpet. Before the case feet (about 1cm high) sunk in the carpet. The idea was that the PSU air intake from underneath would improve.
After the modifications I got the results below.
- noise is very similar to initial set-up, even with the side panel opened up for the new fan. By default the opening is covered with a noise absorbing enclosure.
- the only component which I can hear is the CPU fan (CM Hyper Evo 212). Case fans seem to be very quite.
- The R4 is advertised as low noise case. I would be very careful here. I read comments like "Its so quite, I can't even hear if the PC is on or off" ... that is definitely not the true for me. However, it is pretty quite ;-)
- Temperatures are down about 7 C in compared to the initial set-up (Prime 95, 1hr run, see below).
- I have Gigabyte GTX 670 factory OC in SLI. By default fans run at 700 rpm idle.
- During the basic 3D Mark11 test the fans inc up to 2000 rpm. However, I did not hear any difference. Temp went up from 35C idle to 67C max.