I am currently planning my next PC Build and can't seem to pick the proper power supply (based on everything I read). One site says somethng and the next says NO WAY... I am a little lost and looking for some sound advice.
• Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
• Asus P6X58D Premium Mobo
• Intel i7 920
• XIGMATEK Dark Knight CPU Cooler
• 2 Radeon HD 5870 - CrossfireX
• Corsair XMS3 6GB (3*2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) kits * 2 for a total of 12GB
• Western Digital Caviar 500GB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive
• Pioneer BDR-205BKS Blu-ray burner
• LiteON iHAS424-98 Lightscribe DVD Burner
• I will use MOBO's sound and internet connections
The only other two items I have been thinking about is the idea of something like the Zalman MFC2 Multi-Fan Controller and Temp Display and an internal multi-card reader.
I think I would skip the OCZ PSU due to the single rating of 1 that it got on newegg's website.
As for the other two they seem to be well accepted by those that purchased them but I am curious about the 850 watt recommendation.
It was my understanding... but I could be totally wrong... that you can't over supply a PC. With the MOBO I selected it is ready for the next gen processors (Gulftown) and has some really cool next gen tech built in like USB 3.0 and SATA 6. I was thinking the 1000+ watt supply would help when / if I upgrade to more than 2 GPUs (Quad Fire is cool but can't afford it today) and the new SSD units coming out.