Gigabyte Gtx 670 oc run shogun 2

iron2570

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Hi

I am using a gtx 670 oc with I5 3570k cpu. The game take extremely long time to load on start up also when start a war.
Another question is in graphic setting in dx 11. I set everything to ultra, turn on hdr, soft shadow, everything etc and 2x AA ,the shadder model set to 3.0
It will run 60 in map view and in war. But when I zoom in to see my army man walk, the frame will drop like to 30
Also if their building is on fire and I zoom in, it drop like 30
I have in steam so it update to newest patch itself and my geforce driver is the newest

How do most people setting up their graphic setting to run in 60 frame no problem.
Also I try to use shadder model 4 or higher the frame drop crazy too

I already spend more than $1000 for this pc, it should run better
another thing is when I open window task manager ,only one core is running to like 80- 90 % usuage
other 3 core is like 10-15%

will this game eventually make it to 2 core or more support later

Thanks

and here is my hardware

Intel Core i5 3750K Processor
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H ATX
GIGABYTE GTX 670 oc Graphics
G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600
Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD SATA3 Solid State Disk
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
Antec HCG-620M 620W ATX12V Modular
Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Windows 7 unlimited

Solution
as far as the performance goes have you updated the game to the latest patch? also have you updated your nvidia drivers? maybe google gtx 670 shogun 2 to get some benchmarks with your gpu and the game to see how your performance compares...heres one for you
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_670/21.html

now for the cpu usage...if the game doesnt use more than one core now I highly doubt it will make use of any more in the future...that is just how the engine is made and it will probably not be changed that would require major overhaul of the engine

drums101

Distinguished
as far as the performance goes have you updated the game to the latest patch? also have you updated your nvidia drivers? maybe google gtx 670 shogun 2 to get some benchmarks with your gpu and the game to see how your performance compares...heres one for you
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_670/21.html

now for the cpu usage...if the game doesnt use more than one core now I highly doubt it will make use of any more in the future...that is just how the engine is made and it will probably not be changed that would require major overhaul of the engine

Solution