Performance Test

thisandthat

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Hi,

I have two servers running the same software they have fairly similar load, but one really falls on it's face during some operations, namely back up of the database. The slow one actually has faster components, so I thought it would be nice to get a good diagnostic program to test all the data paths on the computer and see how they compare and hopefully find where the bottle neck is.

The question is what you would suggest as a test program. (Free is best but if it's good I can pay for it)

Thanks ALL

drums101

Distinguished
are you looking for like a stress test program? That would help bc you can stress test each individual component on the servers until you find one component that is significantly slower than the other....Prime95 would test your CPU....HD tunePRO will give you harddisk benchmark....and memtest x86 will be able to test your RAM.

drums101

Distinguished
HDtunePRO will give you performance numbers of each individual hard drives but not transfers between harddrives....you could just try and transfer the same large file on each computer and time it yourself...see which one finishes faster....I cant really think of a program that will do this for you.....in theory you should be able to transfer at the same speed of the write speed of the drive you are transferring the files too..that is the limiting factor

footlong96

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

+1