CPU Fan Connectors

workme

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Hello,
I have a new motherboard and the fan connectors are not the same. What do I need to order? Not a 3 pin white connector.

randomkid

Distinguished

What do you want to order? A fan for CPU cooler? And yeah, what is your motherboard brand and model?

workme

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
The end of the fan wire is white and the motherboard is looking for a black connector. This is for a dell motherboard that goes into a 510S Gateway desktop.

randomkid

Distinguished
Color will not really matter. However the size and number of the PINs will. I try to look for images of the E210882 motherboard but I can not find one with a good view of the CPU FAN header ( this is usually 4 pIN for new motherboards and 3 PINs on old ones ).

Meanwhile, FANs connectors can be 2 PIN, 3 PINs or 4 PINs ( holes ) where the FAN Pins from the motherboard should plug into. There are also FANs ( usually case fans) that have MOLEX connectors. You need converters to plug it into the motherboard FAN header but not recommended as the power rating may be more than what the motherboard can support.

Maybe this link will help:
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-012074.htm

workme

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
I want to thank you for your help and time. On the motherbooard where wire from fan is plug in does not fit. I looks like there should be a clip on one on the wire from the CPU fan. I bought this motherboard on ebay and not sure what CPU fan to buy. Could you send me a link or what fan I need to buy. Thanks, Mr. Sharpe