Sign in with
Your question

How can i install both windows xp and windows 7 in dell xps laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
October 17, 2011 5:51:17 AM

hello frnds,
i just want to know how to install winows xp which got window7 and i wish to use both is it possible.
October 17, 2011 6:29:09 AM

yes just dual boot,
m
l
October 17, 2011 6:43:04 AM

windows 7 professional has a feature called xp mode
it allows you to run windows xp within windows 7
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2011 7:15:29 AM

king553 said:
hello frnds,
i just want to know how to install winows xp which got window7 and i wish to use both is it possible.

What version if the Win7 do u have? Like ldh1109 wrote, xp mode is great option, but u cant play the games in it.

If you have Win 7 Pro then yes you can use XP mode (XP mode is a slightly modified 32-bit version of XP).

It doesn't offer 3-d acceleration though so if you are looking to play old games that won't work. For 3-d acceleration you will need to download Virtual Box and install a valid copy of XP in a new Virtual Machine.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.as...
m
l
October 17, 2011 7:35:33 AM

if your dell xps is a latest one , its difficult to find drivers (mainly audio)for it (only for xp).You can use virtual xp (one kind of s/w) in win7 for your work.
m
l
October 17, 2011 7:35:40 AM

if your dell xps is a latest one , its difficult to find drivers (mainly audio)for it (only for xp).You can use virtual xp (one kind of s/w) in win7 for your work.
m
l
October 17, 2011 8:15:51 AM

yes, it is possible.
-first you install win xp drive C
-2nd you insert win 7 dvd and select new installation and also select drive "D" or another drive except drive "C".

Note: dont select upgrade install while installing win 7.
m
l
!