Your question
Solved

1156 p55 motherboard recomendation?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
September 1, 2010 7:42:37 PM

I am building a new computer, but I am having to buy the parts a few at a time. By the end of September I hope to have everything that I need (the gtx 460 will have to wait until October)

Because of having to wait I am continually second guessing myself so I hope that ya'll can help me out a bit.
here is the stuff:

Rosewill Destroyer case (already bought it)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus (buying tomorrow)

I5-760
Corsair 750w tx (maybe get a 650 instead?)
2x2 G.Skill 1600 eco cas7 @ 1.35v
GTX 460 1g

I would like an atx motherboard that will overclock a bit, and is dependable.
I don't have a need for more than one video card and I don't plan on using the new USB or SATA because they suck the bandwidth out of the pci-e 16

Anyways, I would appreciate some help with this thing.

Thanks

More about : 1156 p55 motherboard recomendation

Best solution

a c 117 V Motherboard
September 1, 2010 10:01:32 PM

These are good mobo's and usb3 and sata3 only suck bandwith on some xfire designs.Boards with single gpu's don't have issues.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...
Anonymous
September 2, 2010 7:23:03 PM

Its all about Skt 1155 now my friend, love the intel way!
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 2, 2010 8:41:07 PM

I don't understand this concept of getting in parts.. Better to save your money for now and look to purchase all parts together.. Thereby you get the benefits of streamlined prices and best of the available choices..
m
l
September 3, 2010 5:54:53 AM

Emperus said:
I don't understand this concept of getting in parts.. Better to save your money for now and look to purchase all parts together.. Thereby you get the benefits of streamlined prices and best of the available choices..

Some people don't have the money to buy completely new systems, so they upgrade parts as they go along.
m
l
September 3, 2010 1:22:27 PM

@Emperus I'm a poor guy so I have to buy a couple at a time. I might even have to stretch this build out into the middle of October.

@Moricon After reading some articles about the 1155, to me it looks like it will suck pretty bad. Why in the world would Intel want to tie everything in to the cpu? usb, sata, gpu. It just seems like a bad move to me. Sure we will be able to buy the overclockable "K" series, but for what cost? when the 1156 is great for overclocking and running a single vid card.
m
l
September 9, 2010 8:49:20 PM

Best answer selected by TommyV.
m
l
!