Sign in with
Your question

Is This A Good SSD?

Last response: in Storage
January 29, 2012 8:45:20 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Patriot-Torqx-2-32GB-Intern...

So my Patriot Warp 32GB V2 SSD died last November, and I am really finding it hard to go back to using an HDD, even though my SSD was one of the slower ones, but it was still 3 times faster than my current HDD.
So what do you think about the Patriot Torqx 2? It's almost double the speed of my old SSD, so it should seem like a nice edition to complete my system.
It's not anything too extreme, so it should fit my system, but I want to know the reliability of it, cuz my old one died in 4 months :/ 

More about : good ssd

a c 353 G Storage
January 29, 2012 8:57:50 PM

Have the Patriot torqx, it was the 2 nd SSD I bought (currently have 10 - no failures yet).
Installed in a laptop and still running good.
That said (not sure of budget) and if you could find a larger one. 32 gigs is on the small side for OS + programs.

m
l
a b G Storage
January 29, 2012 9:21:48 PM

How much are you willing to spend? I support getting at least a 64gb SSD.
SSDs generally fail at a rate comparable to that of hard drives, excepting the Vertex 3, which had issues, and Samsung and Intel, which are remarkably reliable and very expensive.
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2012 9:53:57 PM

kajabla said:
How much are you willing to spend? I support getting at least a 64gb SSD.
SSDs generally fail at a rate comparable to that of hard drives, excepting the Vertex 3, which had issues, and Samsung and Intel, which are remarkably reliable and very expensive.

Well ya, my old SSD was 32GB, and since I do not play games, or really do anything on my PC (I just like building it) other than a writing job and school, 32GB served me quite well, which is why I was just looking for something under 60$
m
l
a b G Storage
January 29, 2012 10:19:13 PM

In that case, chief's probably right, and the Torqx is the way to go.
m
l
!