edmrb52

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
I was wondering if anybody might know where could pick up a power switch for a Gateway dx4640. The blue led switch no longer works. I ended up removing the switch and hot wiring it to start the system. It's a square 4 pole pressure micro switch w/ a blue led. Black and red leads go to the mobo and blue and white leads go the the back of the card reader on top of the chassis.

Solution
Well you can just go to a place like Radio Shack and find a switch similar and use that. The wires going to the card reader are just to power the LED when you insert a card so you dont need that just a Momentary Pushbutton switch for the power.
Well you can just go to a place like Radio Shack and find a switch similar and use that. The wires going to the card reader are just to power the LED when you insert a card so you dont need that just a Momentary Pushbutton switch for the power.

Solution

edmrb52

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Do you think I can get one the same size that fits into the case? That way i can replace the front cover. This is not my system, it also needs a new mobo one of the memory dimm sockets died so it is only running on one 2 gb dimm.

edmrb52

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010

I went to the local Radio Shack and they could not help. I ended up going to U DO IT Electronics just outside Boston and was able to get a direct replacement for $6.00. Thanks for the advice.