Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Components

Last response: in Components
April 6, 2010 1:59:47 PM

I was wondering if anybody might know where could pick up a power switch for a Gateway dx4640. The blue led switch no longer works. I ended up removing the switch and hot wiring it to start the system. It's a square 4 pole pressure micro switch w/ a blue led. Black and red leads go to the mobo and blue and white leads go the the back of the card reader on top of the chassis.

More about : components

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
April 6, 2010 2:06:44 PM

Well you can just go to a place like Radio Shack and find a switch similar and use that. The wires going to the card reader are just to power the LED when you insert a card so you dont need that just a Momentary Pushbutton switch for the power.
April 6, 2010 2:19:33 PM

Do you think I can get one the same size that fits into the case? That way i can replace the front cover. This is not my system, it also needs a new mobo one of the memory dimm sockets died so it is only running on one 2 gb dimm.
m
l
Related resources
April 16, 2010 2:11:42 PM

Best answer selected by edmrb52.
m
l
April 16, 2010 2:13:44 PM

saaiello said:
Well you can just go to a place like Radio Shack and find a switch similar and use that. The wires going to the card reader are just to power the LED when you insert a card so you dont need that just a Momentary Pushbutton switch for the power.

I went to the local Radio Shack and they could not help. I ended up going to U DO IT Electronics just outside Boston and was able to get a direct replacement for $6.00. Thanks for the advice.
m
l
!