No booting, no F2, no F12

Caligola

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Well, suddenly it died.... I mean everything looks OK, but at rebooting, does nothing, pressing F2 or F12 does nothing. One short beep that should be telling me BIOS it's OK. I Removed the jumper to reset the BIOS and replaced it.
Took off the memories and it beeps like crazy..... disconnected de hard drives and it doesn't say "no operating system"...... what do I do?
By the way, how do I see the set up, I mean instead of staring at the splash screen? You know, checking drives, memory, etcetera, remember seeing this very fast list of things running on my screen...... memories from 386.....
Thank you for your help guys!

Caligola

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Thank You Saint19, In meantime, in my desperation, I lifted a bit, not removed, the Bios battery, and.... It's back!!

Thank You very much for your prompt response.

Should I replace it?

Place the battery back in if it still works fine you are good, if its dead you should get a new one, as the BIOS battery provides power to run the system clock and maintain other settings.

Install the battery again connect all the other components turn on the rig again and let me know the results.