Help my hp pavilion wont start????

skyyburner

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
ok so i just moved to my new place. I currently have an hp pavilion a705w. ive had it for several years now with no problems.so after i move into my new place i go to set it up an the blue led in the front of the pc just flashes. as does the green led on the back of psu. Isearch the web an i come to the conclusion that its my psu. Well i get a new thermatke tr2-430w unit to replace an upgrade since i added a second hdd some time back an now my pc wont boot up. The lights an fan all work but the fans spin fron about 2-3 seconds stop an restart all over again. i checked all the connections an they all are tight. even tried to swap out the cmos battery as someon had instructed that might be the problem.still nothing. has anyoen else had this problem? an if so any ideas as to fix this.

Check to make sure all your PCI cards are seated right take them all out and reseat them all. Do the same for your memory take them out and re install. Something could have become loose in the move so my suggestion would be to take it basically totally apart and put it back together it helps sometimes.

skyyburner

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010

As im doing this everything works great til i hook up the 12v 4 pin plug to the psu. so this is where the problem lies. is this somethign that has to be connected?

skyyburner

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
thanks guys for all the help. It is my mob tha tis gone. got an gigabyte one lying around. guess now i have a reason to buy new parts an upgrade my pc.thanks for all the help