PC Wont Shut Down Completely When Overclocked

yabyyoyoboy

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
hey Everyone,
I have a question? Ive been overclocking for a while but never seemed to figure out what this problem is. well i have a LGA775 Pentium Dual Core e5400 2.7GHZ thats been overclocked to 3.6ghz . today I tried to push it even further and managed to get upto 3.8ghz with this cpu and stress tested it with no problems. After a bit of searching i restarted the pc but as soon as it goes past 'shutting down' scrren the pc hangs right there and will not boot back up. the only way was to hard reset and eventually it loaded up fine again. i reinstalled windows thinking it was the problem but that didnt fix it. after putting the overclock back to default it restarts and boots fine. please Someone help me. Much will be appreciated

My specs:
intel Pentium Dual Core 2.7@3.6
4GB DDR2 800@890
GTX560
1TB HDD
G41M-Combo
Coolerpower 550watt Power supply

Oh And another thing when I overclock my voltage is very weird. i had to set the vcore to 1.45v to get it stable but when i check in cpu-z it says only 3.9v is that normal or is it a problem?

Solution
overclock use mobo G41 is hard .. find in bios seeting memory drop FSB / ratio RAM according option your mobo ..or Drop your OC .. if you had more time ran memtest overnight

yabyyoyoboy

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

hi, I have increased the voltage but still the problem persists. its is a 1005 stable as i have tested it with prime 95. i dont think its windows as i have already remformated to drive and clean installed window 7

yabyyoyoboy

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

Hi I tried to raise the to 2volt the problem still insists. can you explain how to set ram ratio? I have no idea how to do it.
thanks

yabyyoyoboy

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

well today I tried that and nothing different happened. but i dont get it today i got 3.9ghz and undervolted it to get a bsod. but this is the thing when I got the bsod and it restarted it booted fine? huh? thats weird?