Solved

A-data ram any good?

hey im thinking of gettin a combo that offers this:

-BIOSTAR T5 XE CFX-SLI LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
-A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
cost - 197.98$canadian...

im using this for gaming and i plan to sli....so i chose that board...but ive never heard of a-data ram before...i know corsair is the shitt but ill save 30 dollars this way....so if you could let me know if a-data ram is legit ram that would be legit...thanks
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about data good
  1. A-DATA is an average/acceptable brand. I haven't heard any issues to not recommend them, so you should be good to go.

On a side note, what is the Cas (Latency) of that memory?... Lower the better :)
  2. I think I'd look for a better combo -- first because I do not like Biostar (most of their products are low - mid quality range) and second while A-data is a decent company they are not the best and those modules at a CAS9 with a voltage rating of 1.5-1.75 Volts are not that good either.
  3. I'd also have to recommend against a Biostar motherboard. I've seen way too many of those things fail prematurely. Back when I worked helpdesk in college out of 250 lab machines with Biostar boards we ended up replacing 180 within a year for blown capacitors, ect...
  4. We can recommend a different combo from Newegg.ca, if you give us a budget to work within
  5. o really eh....ye i have around 200-300 dollars ..less the better im not going for the best but something cheap and sweet sorta thing...thats for the mobo and the ram...socket 1156...cool thanks guys
  6. Best answer
    For a few dollars more on your MOBO, I would go with this one... ASUS Maximus III GENE and go with this G.SKILL DDR3 1600 4GB RAM set, which puts you in the middle of your budget but much better off... IMO
  7. i like the ram you suggested but the mobo isnt an sli board which i said i need in the first post...plus its a micro atx....if you know any good sli boards that would be sick...thanks again man
  8. 1) I would worry about M-ATX motherboard. It is still just as good as a full ATX motherboard.

2) Here is what the specifications state, which to me says SLI ready...

Features
    Intel LGA1156 Core i7 and Intel Core i5 Processors
    Intel P55 Express chipset / DDR3 2133(O.C.)
    ROG Connect
    GameFirst
    MemPerfect
    SupremeFX X-Fi built-in
    Supports NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI Technology / ATI Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology

3) If you are looking for another board, I would go with the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro but will cost more.
  9. kreepa said:
    i like the ram you suggested but the mobo isnt an sli board which i said i need in the first post...plus its a micro atx....if you know any good sli boards that would be sick...thanks again man

Are you sure -- in the details of that MOBO it says :

Quote:
    Supports NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI Technology / ATI Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology

and it supports 2 PCI-e slots at X8 speed rather than some of the other boards that are x16\x4 instead !!
  10. o ye my bad i just noticed it i must have looked at it fast or something....you think thats a good board...how do you think it is for overclocking? (the maximus one) that is a neat little board for a micro-atx btw....thanks
  11. im curious though...what do i miss out on usin an m-atx over a normal atx...there has to be some differnece
  12. 1) It is a great overclocking board.

2) You miss out on possible use of additional types of PCI motherboard slots, which may or may not be a concern to you.
  13. o thats all...cool thanks man i think im going with this board now..glad you helpd me man...cause i didnt like the look of the biostar with the yellow and crap haha....thanks man
  14. Best answer selected by kreepa.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Intel SLI