Does this Gaming PC look good?

wicky woo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
I was wondering if this looks compatible/ a good build for what it is, built it for my friend who wants to game and do some editing in programs like photoshop, 3dsmax, all adobe stuff and video editing/modeling

doesn't need a monitor/keyboard/mouse/os

ASUS P7P55D Pro
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
Antec Nine Hundred
Corsair TX750W
Intel Core i5 750 Quad Core
Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB
ASUS Radeon HD 5870
Western Digital SE16 500GB SATA2

Solution
Looks like a pretty good build, but a few changes:

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E PRO. Basically the same thing but a newer model with USB 3.0/SATA III ports. This board is only $20 more.

Case: A better case that is $10 cheaper is the HAF 922. It's bigger, has better airflow and cheaper. If you prefer the look of the Antec 900, it is also a good case. Here just stick with your preference of the two, I just want to give you another option.

RAM: Try to look for something that is at least CL8 (Cas Latency = 8), even if you have to drop the frequency to 1333MHz. 1600/CL7 would be the preferred option if you can. This G.SKILL ECO 4GB (2x2GB) is a great option.

HDD: WD is being destroyed by Samsung and Seagate in this market...

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Looks like a pretty good build, but a few changes:

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E PRO. Basically the same thing but a newer model with USB 3.0/SATA III ports. This board is only $20 more.

Case: A better case that is $10 cheaper is the HAF 922. It's bigger, has better airflow and cheaper. If you prefer the look of the Antec 900, it is also a good case. Here just stick with your preference of the two, I just want to give you another option.

RAM: Try to look for something that is at least CL8 (Cas Latency = 8), even if you have to drop the frequency to 1333MHz. 1600/CL7 would be the preferred option if you can. This G.SKILL ECO 4GB (2x2GB) is a great option.

HDD: WD is being destroyed by Samsung and Seagate in this market today. Go for the Samsung F3 Spinpoint 500GB, which will be cheaper and faster than the WD.

Make sure you pick up a SATA optical drive, the cheapest one you can find will do.

Other than that this looks like a great build.

Solution