Solved

Did I buy the wrong ram?

I purchased some gskill ram for an asus mobo. the manual does not specify compatibility with that specific ram and it is not on the asus page either. Did I buy the wrong ram for this mobo? see specific parts below...thanks.

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wrong
  1. Best answer
    You are fine.

G.SKILL's website says it is compatible with AMD 770 chipsets so you should be fine.
  2. tecmo34 said:
    You are fine.

G.SKILL's website says it is compatible with AMD 770 chipsets so you should be fine.

thanks for the reply. That is good news. I did not think to check gskills site but thought it was bad that my manual and the asus website did not say anything about that ram.

I do have a related question before I install the ram however, there are 4 Dimm slots of A2, B2 (both black) , A1, B1 (both blue). The manual is also unclear about what is best on this...I am guessing that the 2 sticks go in A1 and B1. Am I right. sorry for the probably dumb question but i want to be sure.
  3. Best answer selected by rsnyc.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus RAM Motherboards