omaroma11

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hello I wanted to know how to overclock a 3450 on a z77 sabertooth i know the max oc for the 3450 for all four cores is 3.7ghz so I wanted to know exactly how to overclock thank you in advance

Solution

I'm not understanding what you mean by that.

There should be 4 separate Turbo multipliers that you can adjust, if that's what you're saying.

1 Core Turbo would go to 39x, then 38x for two (or possibly 39x too because I think I've seen that Ivy has the same one and two core Turbo speed), then 37x for 3 and 36x for 4.

So 3.6Ghz will be your max 4 Core OC and the max possible Turbo speed overall is 3.9Ghz.
Hmm. Should be able to go +4 (that's how the "locked" Sandy Bridge's are, anyway), but no, Auto voltage will be fine for such a small OC.

Just to be clear, that's +4 on each one.

Like this (showing an i5 2500):

sandy-bridge-core,8-5-275045-3.jpg

I'm not understanding what you mean by that.

There should be 4 separate Turbo multipliers that you can adjust, if that's what you're saying.

1 Core Turbo would go to 39x, then 38x for two (or possibly 39x too because I think I've seen that Ivy has the same one and two core Turbo speed), then 37x for 3 and 36x for 4.

So 3.6Ghz will be your max 4 Core OC and the max possible Turbo speed overall is 3.9Ghz.

Solution
I just had a look at the manual for the Sabertooth Z77, and I was slightly wrong anyway. It's different than the BIOS on my Asus Z68 board.

The Turbo Ratio needs to be set to "Manual" (which I think you've done). Then set "1 Core Ratio Limit" to "Manual" and then 39. After that, set the others to Manual, as well, then set them like I said above.

So, "1 Core Ratio Limit" set to "Manual" and 39, "2 Core Ratio Limit" set to "Manual" and 39 or 38, "3 Core Ratio Limit" set to "Manual" and 37 and finally "4 Core Ratio Limit" set to "Manual" and 36.

And according to the manual, "Synchronizing Control" needs to be Enabled.

That's what the manual leads me to believe

capture1lr.png

But if it won't let you set the multi's individually with it enabled, I suppose it needs to be Disabled.

Latest posts