Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hd 6530d and hd 6570 crossfire overclock?

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • AMD
  • HD
Last response: in Overclocking
October 2, 2012 9:19:04 PM

Hello Im new to overclocking and pc gaming just recently installed my first graphics card.I have a hd 6530d and 6570 and Im using amd crossfire. My question is can i overclock my gpu and cpu without damaging my pc or psu(300w) because Im using a retail pc with stock fans? And if I can what would be the limit that wouldnt harm my pc? Also what would be the best program to do this I cant get Amd overdrive on amd vision to work?Here are myfull specs.

HP Pavilion p6-2143w
SPECS:

AMD Quad-Core A6-3650 accelerated processor
2.60GHz, 4MB Cache

8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory

1TB SATA hard drive

AMD Radeon HD 6530D Discrete Graphics
With up to 4084MB total available graphics memory as allocated by Windows 7

XFX - Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card

Motherboard
AAHD2-HY (Holly2)
Manufacturer: Pegatron
Form factor: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
Chipset: AMD A55
Memory sockets: 2 x DDR3
Front side bus speeds: 100 MHz UMI (Unified Media Interface)
Processor socket: FM1
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 2.0)
3 PCI Express x1 (Gen 2.0)
1 PCI Express Mini Card
Internal 300W (100V-240V)
Form factor: Internal ATX

Power supply
Total wattage: 300W
Nominal input voltage range: 200-240V/3A (50-60Hz)
Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)

Computer Case
Mini-tower
Height: 36.8 cm (14.4 inches)
Width: 16.5 cm (6.4 inches)
Depth: 38.9 cm (15.3 inches)
Weight: 8 Kg (17.6 lbs) - without packaging

More about : 6530d 6570 crossfire overclock

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
October 2, 2012 10:19:51 PM

well you will not be able to overclock your processor and 6530d due to this being a pre-built HP pc the BIOS is locked so there is not possibility there...but as far as overclocking your 6570 you can def give it a go...this will net you the most performance gain anyways....a good program to do this is sapphire trixx software....to overclock the gpu all you really have to do is adjust sliders up and down...there are two sliders you should be concerned with....the core speed and memory speed....what you do is bump up the core speed slider 5-10mhz at a time and then test to make sure its stable while watching the temps (use gpuz to monitor gpu temps) then repeat the process until it becomes unstable then back it down to the last stable setting...once you are done with the core you move onto memory and repeat the same process...only do one at a time and little increments...dont rush it...I cant tell you what would be a safe oc but you really cant hurt the card doing it this way it will just crash....but dont expect too much OC head room out of a low end card like this
October 2, 2012 11:47:20 PM

drums101 said:
well you will not be able to overclock your processor and 6530d due to this being a pre-built HP pc the BIOS is locked so there is not possibility there...but as far as overclocking your 6570 you can def give it a go...this will net you the most performance gain anyways....a good program to do this is sapphire trixx software....to overclock the gpu all you really have to do is adjust sliders up and down...there are two sliders you should be concerned with....the core speed and memory speed....what you do is bump up the core speed slider 5-10mhz at a time and then test to make sure its stable while watching the temps (use gpuz to monitor gpu temps) then repeat the process until it becomes unstable then back it down to the last stable setting...once you are done with the core you move onto memory and repeat the same process...only do one at a time and little increments...dont rush it...I cant tell you what would be a safe oc but you really cant hurt the card doing it this way it will just crash....but dont expect too much OC head room out of a low end card like this

Thanks for the reply does it matter that im using a xfx card not a sapphire card and im using amd vision to crossfire will it interfere?Thanks
m
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 12:34:01 AM

Also whats the highest temp I should watch for and is there anything else I should watch for?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 3, 2012 3:32:58 AM

I would not want the temps to go above 80c on the graphics card...and nope the fact that you have an xfx card will not cause issues neither will amd vision.....sapphire is just the company that came out with the software it works for all amd cards
m
l
October 5, 2012 6:58:06 PM

Best answer selected by THUGLIFE505.
m
l
!