C2Q Q8300 vs. i3 530

Core2Quad Q8300 2.5GHz or Core i3 530 2.93GHz?

Which of these is better for GTA 4 (without overclocking) ?
8 answers Last reply
More about q8300
  1. Here http://www.behardware.com/articles/780-12/intel-core-i5-and-core-i3.html
    the core i3 530 is beating core2quad q8300 in GTA 4 and without overclock
  2. The Q8000 are horrible processors they dont really overclock that well but they are cheap and thats why alot of OEM systems have them If you can get a Q9xxx would be better but thats only if you already have a socket 775 system. If you are buying new or building a new system get the I3 it can OC well into 4ghz with no trouble at all and are ver solid performers and it will also be cheaper then a Core 2 Quad.
  3. saaiello said:
    The Q8000 are horrible processors they dont really overclock that well but they are cheap and thats why alot of OEM systems have them If you can get a Q9xxx would be better but thats only if you already have a socket 775 system. If you are buying new or building a new system get the I3 it can OC well into 4ghz with no trouble at all and are ver solid performers and it will also be cheaper then a Core 2 Quad.

I am NOT overclocking
    The core i3 may be cheaper , but the motherboard that is required is way more expensive !!
  4. get an amd am3 system
  5. Then If budget is a main concern and you are buying new like obsidian says get an AMD system. Building an Socket 775 system is not the way to go the only time I can justify someone buying a core 2 processor is if you are just upgrading the system you have.

You can find decent 1156 boards for around $90 is that too much for your budget?
  6. Quote:
    I am NOT overclocking

Why not? It's free performance. It's like saying "I could buy an i7 but I'd rather just use this old Pentium for the same price"...
  7. saaiello said:
    You can find decent 1156 boards for around $90 is that too much for your budget?

90 is not much , but it would be better to buy socket 775 and the difference in price between LGA1156 and LGA775 invest in better graphic card
  8. Thats up to you but to save money without killing your chances of upgrades and also get same performance if not better you should look into AMD Phenom II x4s. A core 2 Quad will cost around $170 and up where as you can get the likes of a Phenom II 955BE which will perform the same if not better then most of the lower end core 2 Quads for$150 these processors are actually more compareable in performance to an I5 so they really are the best bang for the buck.

Q9400 vs Phenom II 955
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/88?vs=76

The Phenom is faster in just about everything and cost considerably less than the Q9400
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Core