Sims Stuck In Love Tub & Saving Question

Last response: in Video Games
September 21, 2005 12:44:57 PM

Got two sims getting friendly in the Love Tub, when suddenly they both
freeze! You can still click on them and issue them instructions, the
world continues on around them, their needs drop into the red but no
matter what, they will not move, they are frozen in place.

Is this a known bug or was I just unlucky?

On a related note, when you save the lot it obviously overwrites the
previous save. Thought we'd try and exit and restart, unfortunately we
told it to save before exiting, force of habit, I guess, so reloading
the lot just left us in the same position. We saw an option somewhere to
save the lot to a file or upload it to the net (saved a lot that way
earlier as a backup, in the event of a crash), but we couldn't see an
option to get the saved file back into the game though. I'm sure we're
probably missing something obvious, any ideas?
--
Sean Black
Anonymous

I'm not sure that's a known bug but there's a hack - a lot debugger - at
More Awesome Than You, which helps with these problems:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?board=3...

Unfortunately, the current hacks are down at the moment - I think JMP (the
site owner) is reviewing the material in the light of the new EP. I guess
you'll have to wait a few days while he gets it back up. Be warned the site
is ... 'idiosyncratic'.

You can also try the following but make sure you follow the instructions
CAREFULLY.

1. Get the cheat box up (press Ctrl-Shift-C at the same time)
2. Type in moveObjects on (use the capitalisation as given)
3. You should now be able to grab your two sims with the cursor.
4. Grab one and press delete, do the same with the other (you might actually
be better doing this in two stages (following out stages 5-6) - do one sim
and then the other one - I've never done two at once)
5. Exit the lot and save. Go to the neighbourhood. DO NOT EXIT THE GAME.
6. Re-enter the lot. You should find the deleted sim standing beside the
mailbox - all nicely refreshed.
7. If you continue to play, turn off the moveObjects cheat: moveObjects off.
This is good practice - leaving it on will prevent you doing some things in
the game though it won't damage the game. If you exit the game in step 5,
BTW, the deleted sim will be permanently deleted.

However, I can't guarantee this won't cause problems.

Best wishes
maxon

"Sean Black" <sean@bucks-aggs.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Got two sims getting friendly in the Love Tub, when suddenly they both
> freeze! You can still click on them and issue them instructions, the
> world continues on around them, their needs drop into the red but no
> matter what, they will not move, they are frozen in place.
>
> Is this a known bug or was I just unlucky?
>
> On a related note, when you save the lot it obviously overwrites the
> previous save. Thought we'd try and exit and restart, unfortunately we
> told it to save before exiting, force of habit, I guess, so reloading
> the lot just left us in the same position. We saw an option somewhere to
> save the lot to a file or upload it to the net (saved a lot that way
> earlier as a backup, in the event of a crash), but we couldn't see an
> option to get the saved file back into the game though. I'm sure we're
> probably missing something obvious, any ideas?
> --
> Sean Black
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 5:15:34 PM

In message <UJ9Ye.29578$Aa1.25352@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, Maxon
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> writes
>I'm not sure that's a known bug but there's a hack - a lot debugger - at
>More Awesome Than You, which helps with these problems:
>
>http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?board=3...
>
>Unfortunately, the current hacks are down at the moment - I think JMP (the
>site owner) is reviewing the material in the light of the new EP. I guess
>you'll have to wait a few days while he gets it back up. Be warned the site
>is ... 'idiosyncratic'.
>
>You can also try the following but make sure you follow the instructions
>CAREFULLY.
>
>1. Get the cheat box up (press Ctrl-Shift-C at the same time)
>2. Type in moveObjects on (use the capitalisation as given)
>3. You should now be able to grab your two sims with the cursor.
>4. Grab one and press delete, do the same with the other (you might actually
>be better doing this in two stages (following out stages 5-6) - do one sim
>and then the other one - I've never done two at once)
>5. Exit the lot and save. Go to the neighbourhood. DO NOT EXIT THE GAME.
>6. Re-enter the lot. You should find the deleted sim standing beside the
>mailbox - all nicely refreshed.
>7. If you continue to play, turn off the moveObjects cheat: moveObjects off.
>This is good practice - leaving it on will prevent you doing some things in
>the game though it won't damage the game. If you exit the game in step 5,
>BTW, the deleted sim will be permanently deleted.
>
>However, I can't guarantee this won't cause problems.

Thanks, will keep that in mind for future reference, unfortunately since
then I had a fatal HD crash, so subsequently lost all my Sims
installations, will have to re-install on my new drive. Thinking about
it, I suppose that the failing HD might have affected the game somehow?
At least we were only a couple of days in, most of that being a trial
and error learning process, which should stand us in good stead for when
we start anew when I re-install it later.

--
Sean Black
Anonymous

Oh bugger.

I shouldn't think the HD crash had anything to do with your buggy bit - the
game is like that. That's why Pescado made the lot debugger in the first
place.

!