Sign in with
Your question

Overvoltage CPU error with asus mobo?

Last response: in Overclocking
October 3, 2012 12:04:05 AM

Okay so, i installed a liquid cooling about two weeks ago and it has been working phenomenally. My liquid cooling is all from xspc and is about a $300 loop with the d5 pump and 2 graphics cards (not overclocked yet) in the loop also. Using distilled water, a kil coil, and a few drops of biocide in it. Stock temps at 26C and about 32C under load. So i gave it two weeks to make sure the loop was good before i began overclocking. Im overclocking a 4.2Ghz quad core fx cpu from amd. I began increasing the cpu voltage starting at 1.488V until i got a failure to boot at 5.3Ghz. So, i began to increase the voltage to get the system stable again as always. It started to boot at about 1.524V but would quickly bsod in a couple minutes. So i increased in increments until i reached 1.594V then once i crossed 1.6V i got a "overvoltage CPU error". I figured it was the cool n quiet feature from asus keeping me from increasing my voltage, however it was still giving me the error after i disabled it. So, does anyone know what i have to disable to stop the annoying overvoltage CPU error? Quick response would be helpful.
December 2, 2012 11:15:17 AM

try checking PSU voltage output..if it gives you the error replace your PSU..
m
l
!