Need help with OC on my 1055T

SlammerBurgr

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
I am working toward overclocking my 1055T from 2.8GHz hopefully to aound 3.4GHz. My MOBO is a GA-MA770T-US3 which has 4+1 phase VRM.

On the gigabyte site it says "Please apply sufficient cooling to CPU VRM zone when ACC function is enabled." How can I do this? are all my case fans on my IN WIN Dragon Rider case sufficient?

I am going to install a cooler master 212+ would that help the VRM?

I am upgrading my RAM to 1600 (highest the MOBO will take) I currently have 1333Mhz and its already maxed out so if I try to overclock the CPU it will *overclock?* the RAM. Will that work? Do I need to do anything special?

I have never overclocked before, but someone told me that my CPU may be bottlenecking my GPU so I plan to do a permanent, but safe overclock of my X6 1055T.

SlammerBurgr

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

thanks for the response. Right now replacement is not an option for me, as much as I would like to. From what I understand I would have to purchase windows if I did. I am trying to squeeze some more time out of this build. I have heard lot's of people say that maintained stability OCing their 1055T at 4.0.

Could I get a heatsink for the VRM? would that be sufficient? I'm not really running my PC a whole lot, maybe like 1 hour a night (actually gaming) and a few hours a day on the weekends.

You can get it just by put across cooling on vrm and it will helpdrop temp vrm , but it is difficult to get a suitable heatsink to the motherboard, and ... ah everything under the risk :D
1055T good dailly at 3.8ghz with 1.45v like stock voltage ... not 4ghz (too high vcore) and use good mobo chipset 790fx or above with good vrm .. i see your board had limited oc it . maybe get midle is lucky .. everything is own risk good luck bro .. hope don't try fried your mobo or CPU

SlammerBurgr

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

I was thinking around 3.6ghz nothing major, just trying to get some more time out of this build.