Sign in with
Your question

Need help with OC on my 1055T

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • CPUs
Last response: in Overclocking
October 3, 2012 4:45:34 AM

I am working toward overclocking my 1055T from 2.8GHz hopefully to aound 3.4GHz. My MOBO is a GA-MA770T-US3 which has 4+1 phase VRM.

On the gigabyte site it says "Please apply sufficient cooling to CPU VRM zone when ACC function is enabled." How can I do this? are all my case fans on my IN WIN Dragon Rider case sufficient?

I am going to install a cooler master 212+ would that help the VRM?

I am upgrading my RAM to 1600 (highest the MOBO will take) I currently have 1333Mhz and its already maxed out so if I try to overclock the CPU it will *overclock?* the RAM. Will that work? Do I need to do anything special?

I have never overclocked before, but someone told me that my CPU may be bottlenecking my GPU so I plan to do a permanent, but safe overclock of my X6 1055T.

More about : 1055t

a c 242 K Overclocking
a c 139 à CPUs
October 3, 2012 12:07:57 PM

the hyper 212 won't help VRM ... don't OC keep at default .. if want Oc get higher mobo with good VRM
m
l
October 3, 2012 12:38:20 PM

henydiah said:
the hyper 212 won't help VRM ... don't OC keep at default .. if want Oc get higher mobo with good VRM

thanks for the response. Right now replacement is not an option for me, as much as I would like to. From what I understand I would have to purchase windows if I did. I am trying to squeeze some more time out of this build. I have heard lot's of people say that maintained stability OCing their 1055T at 4.0.

Could I get a heatsink for the VRM? would that be sufficient? I'm not really running my PC a whole lot, maybe like 1 hour a night (actually gaming) and a few hours a day on the weekends.
m
l
Related resources
a c 242 K Overclocking
a c 139 à CPUs
October 3, 2012 2:26:33 PM

You can get it just by put across cooling on vrm and it will helpdrop temp vrm , but it is difficult to get a suitable heatsink to the motherboard, and ... ah everything under the risk :D 
1055T good dailly at 3.8ghz with 1.45v like stock voltage ... not 4ghz (too high vcore) and use good mobo chipset 790fx or above with good vrm .. i see your board had limited oc it . maybe get midle is lucky .. everything is own risk good luck bro .. hope don't try fried your mobo or CPU
m
l
October 3, 2012 2:32:17 PM

henydiah said:
You can get it just by put across cooling on vrm and it will helpdrop temp vrm , but it is difficult to get a suitable heatsink to the motherboard, and ... ah everything under the risk :D 
1055T good dailly at 3.8ghz with 1.45v like stock voltage ... not 4ghz (too high vcore) and use good mobo chipset 790fx or above with good vrm .. i see your board had limited oc it . maybe get midle is lucky .. everything is own risk good luck bro .. hope don't try fried your mobo or CPU

I was thinking around 3.6ghz nothing major, just trying to get some more time out of this build.
m
l
a c 242 K Overclocking
a c 139 à CPUs
October 3, 2012 2:35:28 PM

keep as posible lower voltage CPU and temp .. good luck
m
l
!