Sign in with
Your question

Data error"Cyclic Redaduncy Check"

Last response: in Windows 7
October 17, 2011 7:11:46 AM

Hello,
I have been made a back up from my original windows and all my laptop drivers, but when I tried to recover it the second back up dvd get the "Data error cyclic redanduncy check" and I lose my original windows and my drivers. Also when I installed another windows for some new software also this error have been shown.
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2011 7:19:50 AM

din mohammad said:
Hello,
I have been made a back up from my original windows and all my laptop drivers, but when I tried to recover it the second back up dvd get the "Data error cyclic redanduncy check" and I lose my original windows and my drivers. Also when I installed another windows for some new software also this error have been shown.

Make sure the DVD is not smudged, scratched. If it is happening on different DVD's may be a hardware drive problem. Here are some hints: http://www.ehow.com/how_2246788_copy-file-ignore-cyclic...
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2011 7:32:55 AM

Try this Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier http://www.roadkil.net/program.php/P29/Unstoppable%20Co...
Recovers files from disks with physical damage. Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give errors when reading data.

When the data is being transmitted to the PC, cyclic redundancy check makes certain that those data with many errors do not reach the commanded destination. This is the very reason why a corrupted DVD or CD doesn’t get copied onto the computer. Keep in mind that data management is a vital part of maintaining the system.

Primary Causes of Cyclic Redundancy Check Error

A lot of times, the accumulation of dirt on a DVD or CD can cause CRC error. The simplest solution is often to clean the storage media with a soft cloth. Having scratches on the CD or putting paper labels on the disc can also cause problems. Labels and scratches don’t allow discs to burn properly.
m
l
!