Asus m4a89gtd pro only boots with one ram stick

G

Hello, I need help! I finished putting my new PC together and when it only will boot with one ram stick inserted. It doesn't matter which one is inserted or which slot it's in, my PC just wont boot with 2 ram sticks inserted. I placed them in A1 and B1and,A2 B2 but it wont boot with 2 of them inserted. if i have just one ram stick inserted in 1 of the 4 slots it boots just fine. Any suggestions?

mobo-m4a89gtd pro/usb 3.0 gx
cpu-phenom II x6 1090t
ram- gskil ripjaw series 2x2gb ddr3 1600 9-9-9-24
psu- xion 850w

The book says A1 and B1 or A2 and B2. If you can boot with 1 stick go into the bios and set it to run at 1333. There you might be able to run with 2 sticks. Also, check your ran voltages. Keep working at it so we can hear a positive solution.

personally I never liked that RipJaws memory. Couldn't get it to run at the posted speeds no matter what. People need to stop falling in love with cool names and get stuff that's really good.

JARblue

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
I run the GSKILL Ripjaws (F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM) with this motherboard and only recently found proper (and most of all stable) settings for them. I feel obligated to inform as many as possible because of my ultimately positive experience with this pairing. GSKILL forum has semi-decent information on this motherboard.

See my post http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261908-29-ocing-1333-1600-asus-m4a89gtd-usb3 for the settings I used.

swifty, I was almost fed up with these things after about 6 months of off-and-on monkeying with them. Finally got them to run like they're supposed to and I have to say they are solid. In fact, the best stability I could get from them in that 6 months (other than default 1333) was an auto OC by the mobo that ran them at 1740MHz. But it still bothered me I couldn't get native clock speeds from it. Once I got them to run 1600 MHz, I set an OC profile in the BIOS and really started messing with them. As long as I didn't mess with the CPU ratio, I could pretty much have my way with these sticks. I tightened the timings, upped the frequency, fiddled with the voltage and had almost no troubles getting it to do whatever I tried. Even the temps were completely reasonable. Got it to 2000MHz and even ran a couple hours of Prime95 before I needed the machine back. In the end though, I put them back to stock and upped the CPU ratio to 20.0 for a no-hassle, stable OC to 4 GHz.