I am making my first build, and I ran into a problem. My Samsung 2333 23" Monitor is not recognizing that my computer is on. I have the XFX Radeon HD 5770, running in the correct slot, on my Asus P7P55D-E Pro.
I tried using the hdmi that came with the monitor, and what appears to be a DVI-D cable.
Can I run the bios with the 5770 or do i need to use something simple to start the system up. (I am about to find an old Graphics card so i can troubleshoot better, with a running computer)
Also, all the mobo lights seem to say that everything is okay, except i can't hear the beeps from the speaker, even though i have unconnected and reconnected it.
* 1 x COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
* 1 x LOGISYS Computer MDLED5RD Red 5LED Lazer Light - Retail
* 1 x ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
* 1 x Intel Core i5-661 Clarkdale 3.33GHz LGA 1156 87W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Model BX80616I5661 - Retail
* 1 x Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV125-S2/40GB 2.5" 40GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Retail
* 1 x Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
* 1 x steelseries Merc Stealth Black USB Wired Ergonomic Gaming Keyboard - Retail
* 1 x XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail
* 1 x Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CT2KIT25664BA1339 - Retail
* 1 x RAZER DeathAdder Black USB Wired Precision Optical Gaming Mouse - 3.5G Infrared Sensor - Retail
* 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full - Retail
* 1 x Pixxo ML-G135 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser Mouse - Retail
* 1 x LG DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH24NS50 - OEM
* 1 x Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap - Retail
* 1 x SAMSUNG 2333HD High Glossy Black 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen Full HD LCD Monitor - Retail
** Then a 750w Ultra X4 power supply.
Thank you for your help, but it turns out I didn't have my ram in all the way. Such a newbie mistake, lol I spent like 2 hrs trying to see how to configure my Graphics card, because i misread the manual. Thank you for your help anyway.
** Also, I'm using the HDMI, and its working fine.