Sign in with
Your question

Wifi keeps disconnecting every 30 minutes

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 30, 2010 1:32:05 PM

Hello,
I asked a friend to buy me this new laptop, but I'm having a lot of issues with my wireless connection.

After some observations I have found out a few things:

1. I can only stay online for 30 minutes or so. I kept my old laptop on as control and it stayed connected to the internet while the other one died out.

2. I went to >Wireless Network Connection Properties
>Wireless Networks
>Preferred Networks
>(selected connection in question) then properties.

From there I saw that the connection changed from WPA-PSK(still connected) to WPA2-PSK. Additionally my older laptop only has WPA-PSK on its settings.

3. The connection returns whenever I restart the modem and router, but I can still only stay online for about 30 minutes or so, probably longer. Additionally, my old laptop can't connect when I do that.

I think these are all the pertinent details. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks. :D 
March 30, 2010 1:33:30 PM

also, i'm running Windows XP and my router is D-link.
m
l
April 19, 2010 9:19:16 PM

hi ..am also facing same problem ..if u knw hw to slove that just mail to this email id:::
shravan.devulapally@gmail.com
thanking u
-shravan
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
April 20, 2010 9:32:28 AM

corelion said:
Hello,
I asked a friend to buy me this new laptop, but I'm having a lot of issues with my wireless connection.

After some observations I have found out a few things:

1. I can only stay online for 30 minutes or so. I kept my old laptop on as control and it stayed connected to the internet while the other one died out.

2. I went to >Wireless Network Connection Properties
>Wireless Networks
>Preferred Networks
>(selected connection in question) then properties.

From there I saw that the connection changed from WPA-PSK(still connected) to WPA2-PSK. Additionally my older laptop only has WPA-PSK on its settings.

3. The connection returns whenever I restart the modem and router, but I can still only stay online for about 30 minutes or so, probably longer. Additionally, my old laptop can't connect when I do that.

I think these are all the pertinent details. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks. :D 

It's best to add it manually to Preferred Networks, deleting any previous versions, to force it to recognise only the WPA/PSK and not the wrong one.

m
l
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
April 20, 2010 9:33:07 AM

shravan_20 said:
hi ..am also facing same problem ..if u knw hw to slove that just mail to this email id:::
shravan.devulapally@gmail.com
thanking u
-shravan

Care to remove your e-mail address before the Spammers sell it to all the other idiots?
m
l
!