Computer sometimes shuts down during POST

OC to 5GHz

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Hi,

when i was running my 2600k at stock speeds, everyting was fine.

But I just bought a corsair h100, and overclocked to 4.5 ghz

prime95 fine for 5 hrs, temps 62 av, 68 max

But sometimes when i press on button, the fans start, and after 10secs or so, it shuts down again.

Any reasons why?

(it is also posting a bit slower after overclock as well)

Thanks

But sometimes when i press on button, the fans start, and after 10secs or so, it shuts down again.

It could be that the power supply is not able to supply enough power or the motherboard regulators are shutting the computer down due to the excessive power requirement. Whatever the reason the overclock is not stable and you should cut back the overclock a bit.

OC to 5GHz

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012

I left everything on auto,

offset mode...

my bios is the latest version

drums101

Distinguished
I wasnt taking a shot at you I am just saying that 68c is typically way too low of a temp for thermal throttling to take effect....I have an i7 that hits almost 75c under load in prime95 and it in no way throttles itself

You may be able to overclock your 2600K to 4.0ghz leaving your voltages on Auto as you say, but you will have to set your Vcore manually to run your 2600K at 4.5ghz.

The refusal to boot is simply because on Auto there's not enough voltage to cold boot the 45x multiplier, it matters not what you may have accomplished with a warmed up system running P95, and additionally P95 is no guarantee of stability anyway, you have to continue adding benchmark testing which adds the GPU load to the mix.

It would be in your best interests to do some overclocking guide studies to learn what you are actually doing don't you think?

Ryan

OC to 5GHz

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I did do much research, but on another post, many people were saying they left Voltage on offset of OCs of 4.8 and above.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

I'll try ~1.3 v any run p95