Solved

Worth Changing Motherboards?

Just wondering, I currently have a Intel Desktop Board DQ35JO
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT
would it be worth replacing my video card with a Asus ENGTX460 1GB, would i see a major increase in frames or would I have to buy i would new Mobo/Ram/Processor. Also (Video Card Included) what would be a good buy for $500.00 Canadian in regards to Mobo/Ram/Processor.

6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about worth changing motherboards
  1. Hi djayschneider and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- U can buy the GTX460 and install it without problem in the PCI-E x16 slot of ur mobo.
    2- For $500 u can go with this:

GPU: ATI 5770
    CPU: Athlon II X3 445
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600
    Mobo: Gigabyte 780A-UD3

Total: $492.18 including shipping but not MIR.
  2. I was thinking more to sticking to Nvidia then ATI Cards, and also intel processors.
    Also would i see a major increase in FPS or would I have to buy new Mobo/RAM/Processor because my Intel Board is old.
  3. Best answer
  4. You'll notice a major performance jump upgrading from a 9500GT to a GTX 460 1GB.. And you don't need to change any of your system parts for it.. Just make sure you've a good enough PSU to handle it..
  5. I have about the same specs in my desktop pc but my mobo is PCI 1.0 not 2.0 compatible. That means it will not utilize the extra bandwidth of a 2.0 GPU. In this case it is better to replace the mobo, cpu, and ram as the upgrade rather than the GPU.
  6. Best answer selected by djayschneider.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel