Sign in with
Your question

Blue Error Screen - HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Last response: in Windows XP
September 8, 2012 5:51:10 AM

i got a BLUE ERROR SCREEN and it shut down my computer. this happens while i got extra ram installed in my laptop. the blue error screen goes away when i remove the extra ram. i bought new ram and it does the same thing with the new ram too! i dont understand why.. i need a solution. below is the blue error screen i get:

A problem has detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It this is your first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove a y newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options and then select dafe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x68850FC0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x68850FC0)

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

More about : blue error screen

September 8, 2012 5:22:59 PM

Obviously a RAM problem then, and my guess some of it is either incompatible with your system, or old and new RAM are incompatible with each other.
September 8, 2012 5:33:55 PM

phil22 said:
Obviously a RAM problem then, and my guess some of it is either incompatible with your system, or old and new RAM are incompatible with each other.

but its a new ram that i bought last week. and it behaves the same way as the old ram does.. i still get the same error.
!