Sign in with
Your question
Solved

7970 Overclocking help

Last response: in Overclocking
October 3, 2012 7:54:02 PM

I want to overclock my Radeon HD 7970 in CCC but don't know any stable Setups can Someone tell me what are good clock to play BF3 on Ultra setting with good FPS. write in this format please:

Core Clock:
Memory clock:

And any other notes you have.

Thanks,

More about : 7970 overclocking

Best solution

a c 103 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 3, 2012 8:12:56 PM

we cant just give you a clock that is guaranteed to work for you not all cards are created equal...we can give you a ball park estimate though but you gotta figure out what is stable for card....if you do not mess with the voltage on the card there is pretty much no unsafe speed to run the card at it will just be unstable...

Core Clock: 1125
Memory Clock: 1575

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-benc...
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 3, 2012 8:37:14 PM

Core Clock: increase in small increments until unstable then back down one small increment.
Memory clock:after increasing the core clock to the max stable setting: increase in small increments until unstable then back down one small increment.

if you care to not %$&*#$ your gpu then do your own work and watch the temps. if you don't care about your gpu then just jump on the highest known settings.
m
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 8:51:24 PM

It seems that the highest setting I had no problem running in BF3 played for a while and no crash. the Temp was about 74C in game is that ok?
drums101 said:
we cant just give you a clock that is guaranteed to work for you not all cards are created equal...we can give you a ball park estimate though but you gotta figure out what is stable for card....if you do not mess with the voltage on the card there is pretty much no unsafe speed to run the card at it will just be unstable...

Core Clock: 1125
Memory Clock: 1575

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-benc...
m
l
October 4, 2012 12:43:00 AM

If the Temperature is at 74C on load would it be safe to keep my OC setting at max?
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2012 1:27:12 AM

thats not the max for you gpu then (most likely) yes its fine to leave it at those speeds if you didnt touch the voltage level and your temps are fine
m
l
October 4, 2012 1:51:37 AM

i set Power control in CCC to 20% cause its how much power it can access. is that correct?
drums101 said:
thats not the max for you gpu then (most likely) yes its fine to leave it at those speeds if you didnt touch the voltage level and your temps are fine

m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2012 1:53:23 AM

the whole power control thing in CCC is weird thats not really affecting your core voltage...so you are fine with that OC temps are good and if its stable you are good to go
m
l
October 4, 2012 6:16:02 PM

Just to Make sure its safe to keep core clock at 1125 and mem clock at 1575 power control at 20% If the temps are good it should be safe? just to make sure i don't shorten the life or break the card.
drums101 said:
the whole power control thing in CCC is weird thats not really affecting your core voltage...so you are fine with that OC temps are good and if its stable you are good to go

m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2012 6:53:59 PM

yes it is safe you are fine
m
l
October 4, 2012 9:00:41 PM

Best answer selected by gtech346.
m
l