How to convert some objects for use in homes?

I would like to convert some community/university objects so that they can
be used in a project I am using for a sim. Primary is to convert some of
the plumbing fixtures. Want to be able to use things like the university
showers, community urinals, and a number of other objects that are
"university only" or "Community only." Also does anyone know of a
"Shameless toilet" that has no stall, yet sims are willing to use with
someone else in the bathoom (like the university showers etc)?

You can do this two ways without a specially hacked object. You either go
the collections method (described at mod the sims 2) or use the
changeLotZoning cheat. I can't remember how to do the collection thing -
you alter the collection file with SimPE, I think. With the other, you need
to start with an empty lot:

1. Start your lot as a residential lot (if that's what you want to end up
with)
2. Get the cheat box up and type in the cheat:

changeLotZoning community

(to get access to community-only objects or 'dorm' for dorm-only objects)

3. Exit the lot and save
4. Re-enter the lot - it will now be a community lot and you will have
access to the community object catalogues
5. When you're finished, use the cheat again to change it back to
residential (or 'dorm' if you want to access the dorm objects)

changeLotZoning residential

6. Exit and save

And that's it.

Best wishes
maxon

"nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message

> I would like to convert some community/university objects so that they can
> be used in a project I am using for a sim. Primary is to convert some of
> the plumbing fixtures. Want to be able to use things like the university
> showers, community urinals, and a number of other objects that are
> "university only" or "Community only." Also does anyone know of a
> "Shameless toilet" that has no stall, yet sims are willing to use with
> someone else in the bathoom (like the university showers etc)?

Looked all over mts2 for how to mod collections... no luck finding... got a
specific link?

> You can do this two ways without a specially hacked object. You either go
> the collections method (described at mod the sims 2) or use the
> changeLotZoning cheat. I can't remember how to do the collection thing -
> you alter the collection file with SimPE, I think. With the other, you
> need
> to start with an empty lot:
>
> 1. Start your lot as a residential lot (if that's what you want to end up
> with)
> 2. Get the cheat box up and type in the cheat:
>
> changeLotZoning community
>
> (to get access to community-only objects or 'dorm' for dorm-only objects)
>
> 3. Exit the lot and save
> 4. Re-enter the lot - it will now be a community lot and you will have
> access to the community object catalogues
> 5. When you're finished, use the cheat again to change it back to
> residential (or 'dorm' if you want to access the dorm objects)
>
> changeLotZoning residential
>
> 6. Exit and save
>
> And that's it.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
>>
>> I would like to convert some community/university objects so that they
>> can
>> be used in a project I am using for a sim. Primary is to convert some of
>> the plumbing fixtures. Want to be able to use things like the university
>> showers, community urinals, and a number of other objects that are
>> "university only" or "Community only." Also does anyone know of a
>> "Shameless toilet" that has no stall, yet sims are willing to use with
>> someone else in the bathoom (like the university showers etc)?

No sorry - I always use the changeLotZoning method now.

> Looked all over mts2 for how to mod collections... no luck finding... got
> specific link?

"nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message

> I would like to convert some community/university objects so that they
> can be used in a project I am using for a sim. Primary is to convert
> some of the plumbing fixtures. Want to be able to use things like the
> university showers, community urinals, and a number of other objects
> that are "university only" or "Community only." Also does anyone
> know of a "Shameless toilet" that has no stall, yet sims are willing
> to use with someone else in the bathoom (like the university showers
> etc)?

You might try these sites, they have a lot of good stuff.

http://www.variousimmers.net/

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/

deene

That sounds good, I've never tried it. Thanks!!

deene

> You can do this two ways without a specially hacked object. You
> either go
> the collections method (described at mod the sims 2) or use the
> changeLotZoning cheat. I can't remember how to do the collection
> thing -
> you alter the collection file with SimPE, I think. With the other,
> you need
> to start with an empty lot:
>
> 1. Start your lot as a residential lot (if that's what you want to end
> up
> with)
> 2. Get the cheat box up and type in the cheat:
>
> changeLotZoning community
>
> (to get access to community-only objects or 'dorm' for dorm-only
> objects)
>
> 3. Exit the lot and save
> 4. Re-enter the lot - it will now be a community lot and you will have
> access to the community object catalogues
> 5. When you're finished, use the cheat again to change it back to
> residential (or 'dorm' if you want to access the dorm objects)
>
> changeLotZoning residential
>
> 6. Exit and save
>
> And that's it.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
>>
>> I would like to convert some community/university objects so that
>> they can
>> be used in a project I am using for a sim. Primary is to convert
>> some of
>> the plumbing fixtures. Want to be able to use things like the
>> university
>> showers, community urinals, and a number of other objects that are
>> "university only" or "Community only." Also does anyone know of a
>> "Shameless toilet" that has no stall, yet sims are willing to use
>> with
>> someone else in the bathoom (like the university showers etc)?

Read Maxon's post again, she explains how to do it. Trying to find it at
MTS2 is too much trouble. :)

deene

"nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message

> Looked all over mts2 for how to mod collections... no luck finding...
> got a specific link?

>> You can do this two ways without a specially hacked object. You
>> either go
>> the collections method (described at mod the sims 2) or use the
>> changeLotZoning cheat. I can't remember how to do the collection
>> thing -
>> you alter the collection file with SimPE, I think. With the other,
>> you need
>> to start with an empty lot:
>>
>> 1. Start your lot as a residential lot (if that's what you want to
>> end up
>> with)
>> 2. Get the cheat box up and type in the cheat:
>>
>> changeLotZoning community
>>
>> (to get access to community-only objects or 'dorm' for dorm-only
>> objects)
>>
>> 3. Exit the lot and save
>> 4. Re-enter the lot - it will now be a community lot and you will
>> have
>> access to the community object catalogues
>> 5. When you're finished, use the cheat again to change it back to
>> residential (or 'dorm' if you want to access the dorm objects)
>>
>> changeLotZoning residential
>>
>> 6. Exit and save
>>
>> And that's it.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> maxon
>>

>> "nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I would like to convert some community/university objects so that
>>> they can
>>> be used in a project I am using for a sim. Primary is to convert
>>> some of
>>> the plumbing fixtures. Want to be able to use things like the
>>> university
>>> showers, community urinals, and a number of other objects that are
>>> "university only" or "Community only." Also does anyone know of a
>>> "Shameless toilet" that has no stall, yet sims are willing to use
>>> with
>>> someone else in the bathoom (like the university showers etc)?

"nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message

> I would like to convert some community/university objects so that they
> can be used in a project I am using for a sim. Primary is to convert
> some of the plumbing fixtures. Want to be able to use things like the
> university showers, community urinals, and a number of other objects
> that are "university only" or "Community only." Also does anyone
> know of a "Shameless toilet" that has no stall, yet sims are willing
> to use with someone else in the bathoom (like the university showers
> etc)?

http://www.simlogical.com/

Another good site.

deene

It works really well - I've created a nice English pub with bedrooms, a
hotel and several refectories (that's cafeterias to our American friends,
apparently) on campus using residential lot objects. If the lot is going to
be one that your sims live in (i.e. a dorm or home lot), you always need to
start with a residential lot because the game generates a mailbox and
dustbin (trash can) when the lot is placed. If you don't have a mailbox on
a residential lot, you will get the repo man even if the bills can't be
delivered.

Best wishes
maxon

nooneimportant wrote:
> I would like to convert some community/university objects so that
> they can be used in a project I am using for a sim. Primary is to
> convert some of the plumbing fixtures. Want to be able to use things
> like the university showers, community urinals, and a number of other
> objects that are "university only" or "Community only." Also does
> anyone know of a "Shameless toilet" that has no stall, yet sims are
> willing to use with someone else in the bathoom (like the university
> showers etc)?

No idea if any of these will work but:

http://www.modthesims2.com/testground.php?f=233&page=1&filter= (Urinal)

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=40019 (urinal and other stuff)

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=66994&highlight=no+privacy (no
privacy in bathrooms)

I think the second one is UNI ok .. but I would add one file, check the
game, add another if necessary, and do the privacy hack last... just so that
you can see if there is any problems.
--
http://mistymage.com/
to email me use Groups At mistymage Dot com

BIG THANKS... these worked splendidly, would be great if more of these and
similar objects/packages were better organized without having to search and
sort through thousands of posts, cus if they were easier to find i would
have found them WEEKS ago before i even asked on here...