AMD A10-5800K vs i5 3350p??

Astralman

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2012
Just curious about how you guys personally feel about these two CPU's being put against one another? It is seeming that the AMD A10 can actually compete with these i5 processor's and with more room to overclock them as well.

Solution
i5 is a superior CPU, but it's also almost twice as expensive, so it's only worth the extra money if you have some high-end graphics. Buy what you can afford that suits your system's balance. If you can afford an i5, then getting one is a good idea if you have a budget of say $700 or higher. Anything lower than about that, the i5 would come at the sacrifice of other components' quality and/or performance and that's not worth it.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
i5 is a superior CPU, but it's also almost twice as expensive, so it's only worth the extra money if you have some high-end graphics. Buy what you can afford that suits your system's balance. If you can afford an i5, then getting one is a good idea if you have a budget of say $700 or higher. Anything lower than about that, the i5 would come at the sacrifice of other components' quality and/or performance and that's not worth it.

Solution

Astralman

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2012
Alright guys thanks for the answers. I probably should have checked up on tom's reviews first but didn't think about it at the time. Though this is awesome for people making budget builds I must say. My rig is a little more expensive so I will stick with the I5 but I just need to check out what everyone had to say about this new cpu from AMD.

Realize the threads been answered, just chiming in a bit.

The i5 is a superior CPU. So if you have to do some intensive activity like number crunching or video editing, the i5 will win hands down. Some of the Ivy CPU's have the HD4000 iGPU, which is currently the best graphics Intel offer.

The AMD APU's are more oriented toward stronger integrated graphics than CPU capability. The performance from an A10's integrated graphics is far above what the HD4000 can provide, despite its lesser CPU ability. You can even pair up the integrated with some low end Radeons in a Hybrid Crossfire, leading to even better graphical performance.

So, if you need CPU grunt, an i5 is the better option. If you need decent graphics on the cheap, an A10 is the way to go.
If you are going to include a decent graphics cards though, the i5 is better as then its weak integrated isn't a factor anymore.