Danny3320

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
hey, wondering if someone can help me with this...

i just bought a gigabyte gm-m6880 mouse (wired)

i plugged it into my laptop and it worked fine then i think it was because i pressed the dpi button a few times maybe but the courser slowed down and stopped and now it wont move when i use that mouse but the buttons on the mouse still work :eek:

iam on windows 7

how can i fix this thanks

Danny

Reset the driver may fix the problem. Open Device Manager, with mouse connected, expand the tree Mice and other pointing devices, right-click, select Uninstall, and with the trackpad, click Scan for HW changes or restart. Also, you DPI button might be stuck/broken...

This is the MOBO section...

Danny3320

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
sorry u tryed to find the right section but couldnt find it
it put me here when i clicked ask for help on another mouse topic

al try ur advise now

Danny3320

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
i tryed to update all drivers but they was all upto date

i have 2 mice plugged in another wired one, my mouse pad is broke

i could unplug the second mouse and use the pad but it doesnt work very well

under the mouse option in devices> mice and pointers i got

HID - compliant mouse
ps/2 compatible mouse
use advanced wheel mouse

I am assuming that you selected & installed the correct driver - http://www.gigabyte.us/products/pr [...] id=2896#dl {WIN 7 32-bit or 64-bit}

general link - http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2896

If you have another PC try the GA Mouse on it {also try another USB port on the notebook} and if it fails then RMA the mouse.

Since you mentioned those assorted problems - if it were me I would uninstall ALL of the Mouse software and D/L and install ALL new software, and also uninstall ALL related drivers in the DM.

BTW - I noted this review -> "Cons: I bought one and the scroll wheel died in the first 10 min. Newegg shipped me another asap but believe it or not and same dang thing happened the next day to the replacement."

This suggests either a bad batch or driver/software issues...

Danny3320

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
i tryed uninstalling all drivers in mouse section unpulled second mouse restarted and it still didnt work

my scroll wheel works

What kind of surface is it on? Do you have a mouse pad? Certain surfaces have been noted to cause problems. Might sound weird, but cup your hand and smack it with your fingers & palm to impact the sides ~ leaving the DPI to be "whipped" outward.

After that I don't know...other than to RMA.

Danny3320

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
wow that was it, i was useing it on leather my other mouse worked on it so i thought this would

must be a different type of sensor my old mouse has red light and new doesnt have a light at all

thanks for ur help =)

Danny3320

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

how do i mark as solved? :??: