OCZ Vertex 60g & Crucial 256.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novadreams

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Hey guys, I just had a question if this looks right, I have attached a photo it is a vertex 2 60g ssd.
SSDOCZvertex2.png

Below is my 256g crucial m4 ssd benchmarked in a sata 2 port along with the ocz vertex 2. I am in ACHI mode as well and out of IDE, firmware is up to date. Thanks.

ssdcrucial.png

Solution
You should verify your BIOS settings.

"pciide" in AS-SSD means that you are in IDE mode, not AHCI. Maybe you are in AHCI mode with another SATA controller on your motherboard, but the ports your 2 SSDs are connected to are in IDE mode.

You will get even better performance once you are in AHCI mode.
You should verify your BIOS settings.

"pciide" in AS-SSD means that you are in IDE mode, not AHCI. Maybe you are in AHCI mode with another SATA controller on your motherboard, but the ports your 2 SSDs are connected to are in IDE mode.

You will get even better performance once you are in AHCI mode.

Solution

Novadreams

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Weird.. I put it in achi mode and and had to in order to get the firmware updated.. could be that the setting didnt save somehow? I'll have to double check that.. Thanks

Novadreams

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
WOW OK ACHI visibly might not make a difference, but through the benchmarks there is a difference, here are the latest photos and results now at ACHI, during a power outage the settings must have been reset...

OCZ Vertex 2 60g
ssdoczvertex2achi.png

And here is the Cruical M4 256 ACHI
crucialm4achi.png

Advertised AS-SSD speeds are "up to" 175 MB/s Read and 35 MB/s Write.
Your drive is getting 112% of advertised reads and 168% of advertised writes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS