Closed Solved

OCZ Vertex 60g & Crucial 256.

Hey guys, I just had a question if this looks right, I have attached a photo it is a vertex 2 60g ssd.

Below is my 256g crucial m4 ssd benchmarked in a sata 2 port along with the ocz vertex 2. I am in ACHI mode as well and out of IDE, firmware is up to date. Thanks.

9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about vertex crucial
  1. According to this it is not far of http://www.anandtech.com/bench/SSD/273
  2. Wow. That is quite telling... Maybe I will migrate my 2x Vertex 1 60GB RAID array for the single 120GB OCZ Solid III that I had lying around...
  3. Best answer
    You should verify your BIOS settings.

"pciide" in AS-SSD means that you are in IDE mode, not AHCI. Maybe you are in AHCI mode with another SATA controller on your motherboard, but the ports your 2 SSDs are connected to are in IDE mode.

You will get even better performance once you are in AHCI mode.
  4. Weird.. I put it in achi mode and and had to in order to get the firmware updated.. could be that the setting didnt save somehow? I'll have to double check that.. Thanks
  5. Not knowing the program I decided to read a little and really surprised how little difference between the modes in some instances but definitely change it over to ACHI! http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=505&Itemid=38&limit=1&limitstart=3
  6. WOW OK ACHI visibly might not make a difference, but through the benchmarks there is a difference, here are the latest photos and results now at ACHI, during a power outage the settings must have been reset...

OCZ Vertex 2 60g

And here is the Cruical M4 256 ACHI
  7. Novadreams said:
    WOW OK ACHI visibly might not make a difference, but through the benchmarks there is a difference, here are the latest photos and results now at ACHI, during a power outage the settings must have been reset...

Advertised AS-SSD speeds are "up to" 175 MB/s Read and 35 MB/s Write.
    Your drive is getting 112% of advertised reads and 168% of advertised writes.
  8. Best answer selected by Novadreams.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Vertex OCZ Crucial Storage