ASUS ENGTX285

matyar

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Hello all,

As I am new to the community, I would like to say hi to everyone :hello: .

Now this problem may be pretty simple, but I need clarification. I have a 285GTX from ASUS which was purchased a year ago. Recently, my card (in-game) would start having these artifacts tearing/stretching everywhere on the screen.

I do not have another computer to test it on, I've set everything to defaults in BIOS (videocard clocks at default) and I've switched from the latest drivers back (Driver Sweeper) to 186 and still have those errors. I've also ran ATITool (scan for artifacts) and said no errors, but there was a yellow pixel on the top right of the image flickering.

I have taken the card out, tried my onboard video and is still causing the same problem except more yellow pixels around the box image under ATITool.

Memtest86 showed no errors after 1 pass (is 1 pass enough?).

The strange thing is after installing my new sound card (AuzenTech X-Fi Forte) onto the PCI-E slot, it started happening. BIOS/Drivers are up-to-date.

I believe it may be my motherboard, but I need some opinions to try and pinpoint the cause.

My specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 920 @ 2.8GHz
ASUS M3A78-EM
OCZ2G10664GK 4 GB
WD 640GB BE 32MB Cache
ASUS 285GTX
AuzenTech X-Fi Forte
OCZ 700W MODXTREAM
Antec 900 V2
Samsung 2253BW

matyar

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I have ran Memtest86 for 9 passes and still no problem. Would it matter whether if I used one stick each time even if both sticks passed 9 times?

I've already sent my videocard for RMA, hoping that it is the problem.