  • Zip
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
March 14, 2005 11:47:45 PM

Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
area.

Thanks,

-mij

More about : cingular cell site location maps

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 8:06:59 AM

Yes, there is but the map is not available to the public.
Just go to a Cingular corporate store and ask them to look up your address.

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
> in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
> area.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -mij

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 12:45:13 PM

In article <T3uZd.21861$OU1.12869@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
"Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote:

> Yes, there is but the map is not available to the public.
> Just go to a Cingular corporate store and ask them to look up your address.

SprintPCS makes their cell site map publically available.

> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
> > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
> > area.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -mij

March 15, 2005 1:39:04 PM

Be very careful with those maps they show you...I just went thru a bunch of
hassle because their maps showed service but none existed..

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
> in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
> area.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -mij

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 2:43:51 PM

In article <cXyZd.69505$r55.50993@attbi_s52>,
"Chuck Drake" <drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote:

> Be very careful with those maps they show you...I just went thru a bunch of
> hassle because their maps showed service but none existed..
>
> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
> > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
> > area.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -mij

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.ht...

Is the link to SprintPCS towers.

In some areas both carriers may lease the same 3rd party Towers.

I am unable to locate on the Web a similar Cingular URL. Am I wrong or
is Cingular keeping this info secret.

Keep in mind, knowing where the towers are is not the same thing as
having an accurate Coverage map, although in some cases its more
informative than a typical coverage map, painted by marketing to omit
dead spots.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 5:01:08 PM

Jack Zwick wrote:
> I am unable to locate on the Web a similar Cingular URL. Am I wrong
or
> is Cingular keeping this info secret.

There's probably a liability element that doesn't encourage them to
make it overly public. Corporate stores should have very good data. One
here actually printed the towers and their coverage on transparencies
and overlaid it on a street map. It was in the store, nailed on a side
wall where most people wouldn't see it.

> Keep in mind, knowing where the towers are is not the same thing as
> having an accurate Coverage map,

True. Even if Cingular shows a strong signal, you may find the previous
owner of your house decided to shield himself from the UFO
transmissions, effectively killing your cell signal ;-)

tg.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 11:29:18 PM

> In article <cXyZd.69505$r55.50993@attbi_s52>,
> "Chuck Drake" <drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote:
>
> > Be very careful with those maps they show you...I just went thru a bunch
of
> > hassle because their maps showed service but none existed..
> >
> > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell
sites
> > > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower
in my
> > > area.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > -mij
> > >

> http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.ht...
>
> Is the link to SprintPCS towers.
>
> In some areas both carriers may lease the same 3rd party Towers.
>
> I am unable to locate on the Web a similar Cingular URL. Am I wrong or
> is Cingular keeping this info secret.

You are wrong- imagine that.

> Keep in mind, knowing where the towers are is not the same thing as
> having an accurate Coverage map, although in some cases its more
> informative than a typical coverage map, painted by marketing to omit
> dead spots.

You got a source for that claim, or are you simply making things up?
March 16, 2005 12:28:52 AM

If you really want to find the towers for any commercial service it is
readily available on the FCC website
http://wireless.fcc.gov/geographic/

It takes some work though. It's not just a click and read type of
site. You have to download a special software program, then learn how
to use it. Does give you a lot of information if you want to work at
it.

Dick

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:06:59 GMT, "Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote:

>Yes, there is but the map is not available to the public.
>Just go to a Cingular corporate store and ask them to look up your address.
>

>"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
>> in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
>> area.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -mij

March 16, 2005 3:22:12 AM

In article <cXyZd.69505$r55.50993@attbi_s52>,
"Chuck Drake" <drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote:

> Be very careful with those maps they show you...I just went thru a bunch
> of
> hassle because their maps showed service but none existed..
>
> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell
> > sites
> > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in
> > my
> > area.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -mij

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.ht...

Is the link to SprintPCS towers.

In some areas both carriers may lease the same 3rd party Towers.

I am unable to locate on the Web a similar Cingular URL. Am I wrong or
is Cingular keeping this info secret.

Keep in mind, knowing where the towers are is not the same thing as
having an accurate Coverage map, although in some cases its more
informative than a typical coverage map, painted by marketing to omit
dead spots.

For Sprint users this link gives you the tower number, street address and a
picture. Don't know how well it would work on dialup, it can be slow on
cable. Used my email address and sprintpcs password to get in.
http://tinyurl.com/4cegd
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:29:19 AM

In article <U_KZd.119276$pc5.111543@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
"DUH" <Inkspots@spam.com> wrote:

> For Sprint users this link gives you the tower number, street address and a
> picture. Don't know how well it would work on dialup, it can be slow on
> cable. Used my email address and sprintpcs password to get in.
> http://tinyurl.com/4cegd

and non Sprint customers can see by getting a password at

http://www.bugmenot.com
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 7:56:46 PM

>>"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
>>> in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
>>> area.

Well, just because there's a tower does not mean it provides coverage. Nor
does the lack of a Cingular-owned tower mean no coverage, as carriers often
lease space on third-party towers. A coverage map would seem more useful
for most circumstances.

Why are you asking for specific tower sites? A little more detail could
help the rest of us find an answer for you.

--
The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
"Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.

I am located in between hills and Verizon does not work in my area.
SprintPCS seems to work well. I will be traveling to the Philippines
frequently and would like to have a global phone. I want to know if the
Cingular phone will function at my home location without having to purchase
one and try it. Why can't the cell phone stores have loaner phones that you
can try by simply providing a credit card number instead of having to go
through the hassle of purchasing the phone and then returning it? This would
save money and time for the customer and the cell phone provider.

<johnbartley@email.com> wrote in message
>>>"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>
> Well, just because there's a tower does not mean it provides coverage.
> Nor
> does the lack of a Cingular-owned tower mean no coverage, as carriers
> often
> lease space on third-party towers. A coverage map would seem more useful
> for most circumstances.
>
> Why are you asking for specific tower sites? A little more detail could
> help the rest of us find an answer for you.
>

> --
> The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
> "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the
> exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and
> these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or
> with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those
> whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.
> John Bartley, K7AAY, PDX OR USA, Opinions mine.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 10:32:04 PM

How about inviting a friend who uses Cingular over to your home for a
weekend get together?

1) Seriously, if you're happy with Sprint, stick with them. Just buy a GSM
world phone on eBay for your travel needs.

2) But if you want to roam in the Philipines using your US number, your
only option would be to go with either T-Mobile or Cingular.

>I am located in between hills and Verizon does not work in my area.
>SprintPCS seems to work well. I will be traveling to the Philippines
>frequently and would like to have a global phone. I want to know if the
>Cingular phone will function at my home location without having to purchase
>one and try it. Why can't the cell phone stores have loaner phones that you
>can try by simply providing a credit card number instead of having to go
>through the hassle of purchasing the phone and then returning it? This
>would save money and time for the customer and the cell phone provider.
>

> <johnbartley@email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Well, just because there's a tower does not mean it provides coverage.
>> Nor
>> does the lack of a Cingular-owned tower mean no coverage, as carriers
>> often
>> lease space on third-party towers. A coverage map would seem more useful
>> for most circumstances.
>>
>> Why are you asking for specific tower sites? A little more detail could
>> help the rest of us find an answer for you.
>>

>> --
>> The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
>> "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the
>> exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and
>> these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows,
>> or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of
>> those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.
>> John Bartley, K7AAY, PDX OR USA, Opinions mine.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 10:32:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
Philippines with a Cingular phone?

"Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote in message
> How about inviting a friend who uses Cingular over to your home for a
> weekend get together?
>
> 1) Seriously, if you're happy with Sprint, stick with them. Just buy a
> GSM world phone on eBay for your travel needs.
>
> 2) But if you want to roam in the Philipines using your US number, your
> only option would be to go with either T-Mobile or Cingular.
>

> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>>I am located in between hills and Verizon does not work in my area.
>>SprintPCS seems to work well. I will be traveling to the Philippines
>>frequently and would like to have a global phone. I want to know if the
>>Cingular phone will function at my home location without having to
>>purchase one and try it. Why can't the cell phone stores have loaner
>>phones that you can try by simply providing a credit card number instead
>>of having to go through the hassle of purchasing the phone and then
>>returning it? This would save money and time for the customer and the cell
>>phone provider.
>>

>> <johnbartley@email.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Well, just because there's a tower does not mean it provides coverage.
>>> Nor
>>> does the lack of a Cingular-owned tower mean no coverage, as carriers
>>> often
>>> lease space on third-party towers. A coverage map would seem more
>>> useful
>>> for most circumstances.
>>>
>>> Why are you asking for specific tower sites? A little more detail could
>>> help the rest of us find an answer for you.
>>>

>>> --
>>> The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
>>> "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the
>>> exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and
>>> these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows,
>>> or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of
>>> those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.
>>> John Bartley, K7AAY, PDX OR USA, Opinions mine.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 10:39:44 PM

You could try this site;
http://www.berkana.com/tower.php3
or this site;
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/reports/state_sv.cfm

T-Mobile now has a good signal strength map available on their web site
that will show what kind of coverage signal you can expect with T-Mobile
service. Just go to the coverage map for your area, and then click on
the "street level coverage" tab.
http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/

John

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
> in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
> area.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -mij

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:49:45 PM

According to http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen, the
cost of roaming with a Cingular account in the Philippines is $1.99/minute.

--
RJW

Mij Adyaw wrote (3/16/2005 2:42 PM):

> Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
> Philippines with a Cingular phone?
>

> "Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote in message
>
>>How about inviting a friend who uses Cingular over to your home for a
>>weekend get together?
>>
>>1) Seriously, if you're happy with Sprint, stick with them. Just buy a
>>GSM world phone on eBay for your travel needs.
>>
>>2) But if you want to roam in the Philipines using your US number, your
>>only option would be to go with either T-Mobile or Cingular.
>>

>>"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I am located in between hills and Verizon does not work in my area.
>>>SprintPCS seems to work well. I will be traveling to the Philippines
>>>frequently and would like to have a global phone. I want to know if the
>>>Cingular phone will function at my home location without having to
>>>purchase one and try it. Why can't the cell phone stores have loaner
>>>phones that you can try by simply providing a credit card number instead
>>>of having to go through the hassle of purchasing the phone and then
>>>returning it? This would save money and time for the customer and the cell
>>>phone provider.
>>>

>>><johnbartley@email.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 6:50:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellulat.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <Bd5_d.11609$ju.996@okepread07>,
J Haggerty <jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:

> T-Mobile now has a good signal strength map available on their web site
> that will show what kind of coverage signal you can expect with T-Mobile
> service. Just go to the coverage map for your area, and then click on
> the "street level coverage" tab.
> http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/

Finally. Detailed Honest coverage maps, that apologists for Cingular and
SprintPCS say is impossible to do.

But there one is.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 6:57:11 AM

In article <L_%Zd.112830$bu.26230@fed1read06>,
"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
> Philippines with a Cingular phone?

http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen

$1.99 / minute

You are far better served to get a world phone and buy a prepaid sim in
the Phillipines. Ask your travel agent.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 6:57:12 AM

$1.99 per minute. That is not just rape, it is sodimization!!! I believe
that is higher than the per minute cost of a satellite phone.

> In article <L_%Zd.112830$bu.26230@fed1read06>,
> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
>> Philippines with a Cingular phone?
>
> http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen
>
> $1.99 / minute
>
> You are far better served to get a world phone and buy a prepaid sim in
> the Phillipines. Ask your travel agent.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 3:49:43 PM

In article <lN8_d.112850$bu.46273@fed1read06>,
"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:

> $1.99 per minute. That is not just rape, it is sodimization!!! I believe
> that is higher than the per minute cost of a satellite phone.

That's incoming and outgoing minutes.

That is why it is not recommended (except by Company Agents) that you
roam overseas.

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <L_%Zd.112830$bu.26230@fed1read06>,
> > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
> >> Philippines with a Cingular phone?
> >
> > http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen
> >
> > $1.99 / minute
> >
> > You are far better served to get a world phone and buy a prepaid sim in
> > the Phillipines. Ask your travel agent.
March 17, 2005 3:49:44 PM

Jack Zwick wrote:

> In article <lN8_d.112850$bu.46273@fed1read06>,
> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
>

>>$1.99 per minute. That is not just rape, it is sodimization!!! I believe
>>that is higher than the per minute cost of a satellite phone.
>

> That's incoming and outgoing minutes.
>

> That is why it is not recommended (except by Company Agents) that you
> roam overseas.

Yeah, their attitude makes Darth Vader look like a 10 y/o school girl.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Actually, that is a really good rate for international phone calls, compared
to what hotels charge, plus you don't have to play phone tag. Try to make a
call back to the States from a Hilton overseas and you'll be shocked at what
they charge! For an executive who need to be reached on important
business, overseas roaming is a bonafide business expense.

But i agree that if you're on personal business, it makes more sense to buy
a local sim card along with a calling card for long distance calls.

> $1.99 per minute. That is not just rape, it is sodimization!!! I believe
> that is higher than the per minute cost of a satellite phone.
>
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> In article <L_%Zd.112830$bu.26230@fed1read06>,
>> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
>>> Philippines with a Cingular phone?
>>
>> http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen
>>
>> $1.99 / minute
>>
>> You are far better served to get a world phone and buy a prepaid sim in
>> the Phillipines. Ask your travel agent.

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 9:04:53 PM

> In article <Bd5_d.11609$ju.996@okepread07>,
> J Haggerty <jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > T-Mobile now has a good signal strength map available on their web site
> > that will show what kind of coverage signal you can expect with T-Mobile
> > service. Just go to the coverage map for your area, and then click on
> > the "street level coverage" tab.
> > http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/
>
> Finally. Detailed Honest coverage maps, that apologists for Cingular and
> SprintPCS say is impossible to do.
>
> But there one is.

Really? How did you check the accuracy?
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 8:50:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellulat.sprintpcs (More info?)

In <jzwick3-6F6D39.21500216032005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 17 Mar
2005 03:50:02 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <Bd5_d.11609$ju.996@okepread07>,
> J Haggerty <jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> T-Mobile now has a good signal strength map available on their web site
>> that will show what kind of coverage signal you can expect with T-Mobile
>> service. Just go to the coverage map for your area, and then click on
>> the "street level coverage" tab.
>> http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/
>
>Finally. Detailed Honest coverage maps, that apologists for Cingular and
>SprintPCS say is impossible to do.

Yet another Zwick Fiction.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]
!