Cingular Cell Site Location Maps

Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
area.

Thanks,

-mij
23 answers Last reply
More about cingular cell site location maps

    Yes, there is but the map is not available to the public.
    Just go to a Cingular corporate store and ask them to look up your address.

    In article <T3uZd.21861$OU1.12869@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    "Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote:

    > Yes, there is but the map is not available to the public.
    > Just go to a Cingular corporate store and ask them to look up your address.

    SprintPCS makes their cell site map publically available.

    > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
    > > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
    > > area.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > -mij

    Be very careful with those maps they show you...I just went thru a bunch of
    hassle because their maps showed service but none existed..

    In article <cXyZd.69505$r55.50993@attbi_s52>,
    "Chuck Drake" <drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > Be very careful with those maps they show you...I just went thru a bunch of
    > hassle because their maps showed service but none existed..
    >
    > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
    > > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
    > > area.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > -mij

    http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.html

    Is the link to SprintPCS towers.

    In some areas both carriers may lease the same 3rd party Towers.

    I am unable to locate on the Web a similar Cingular URL. Am I wrong or
    is Cingular keeping this info secret.

    Keep in mind, knowing where the towers are is not the same thing as
    having an accurate Coverage map, although in some cases its more
    informative than a typical coverage map, painted by marketing to omit
    dead spots.

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > I am unable to locate on the Web a similar Cingular URL. Am I wrong
    or
    > is Cingular keeping this info secret.

    There's probably a liability element that doesn't encourage them to
    make it overly public. Corporate stores should have very good data. One
    here actually printed the towers and their coverage on transparencies
    and overlaid it on a street map. It was in the store, nailed on a side
    wall where most people wouldn't see it.

    > Keep in mind, knowing where the towers are is not the same thing as
    > having an accurate Coverage map,

    True. Even if Cingular shows a strong signal, you may find the previous
    owner of your house decided to shield himself from the UFO
    transmissions, effectively killing your cell signal ;-)

    tg.

    > In article <cXyZd.69505$r55.50993@attbi_s52>,
    > "Chuck Drake" <drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Be very careful with those maps they show you...I just went thru a bunch
    of
    > > hassle because their maps showed service but none existed..
    > >
    > > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    > > > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell
    sites
    > > > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower
    in my
    > > > area.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > -mij
    > > >

    > http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.html
    >
    > Is the link to SprintPCS towers.
    >
    > In some areas both carriers may lease the same 3rd party Towers.
    >
    > I am unable to locate on the Web a similar Cingular URL. Am I wrong or
    > is Cingular keeping this info secret.

    You are wrong- imagine that.

    > Keep in mind, knowing where the towers are is not the same thing as
    > having an accurate Coverage map, although in some cases its more
    > informative than a typical coverage map, painted by marketing to omit
    > dead spots.

    You got a source for that claim, or are you simply making things up?

    If you really want to find the towers for any commercial service it is
    readily available on the FCC website
    http://wireless.fcc.gov/geographic/

    It takes some work though. It's not just a click and read type of
    site. You have to download a special software program, then learn how
    to use it. Does give you a lot of information if you want to work at
    it.

    Dick

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:06:59 GMT, "Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote:

    >Yes, there is but the map is not available to the public.
    >Just go to a Cingular corporate store and ask them to look up your address.
    >

    >"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
    >> in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
    >> area.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> -mij

    In article <cXyZd.69505$r55.50993@attbi_s52>,
    "Chuck Drake" <drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > Be very careful with those maps they show you...I just went thru a bunch
    > of
    > hassle because their maps showed service but none existed..
    >
    > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell
    > > sites
    > > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in
    > > my
    > > area.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > -mij

    http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.html

    Is the link to SprintPCS towers.

    In some areas both carriers may lease the same 3rd party Towers.

    I am unable to locate on the Web a similar Cingular URL. Am I wrong or
    is Cingular keeping this info secret.

    Keep in mind, knowing where the towers are is not the same thing as
    having an accurate Coverage map, although in some cases its more
    informative than a typical coverage map, painted by marketing to omit
    dead spots.

    For Sprint users this link gives you the tower number, street address and a
    picture. Don't know how well it would work on dialup, it can be slow on
    cable. Used my email address and sprintpcs password to get in.
    http://tinyurl.com/4cegd

    In article <U_KZd.119276$pc5.111543@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    "DUH" <Inkspots@spam.com> wrote:

    > For Sprint users this link gives you the tower number, street address and a
    > picture. Don't know how well it would work on dialup, it can be slow on
    > cable. Used my email address and sprintpcs password to get in.
    > http://tinyurl.com/4cegd

    and non Sprint customers can see by getting a password at

    http://www.bugmenot.com
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >>"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    >>> Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
    >>> in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
    >>> area.

    Well, just because there's a tower does not mean it provides coverage. Nor
    does the lack of a Cingular-owned tower mean no coverage, as carriers often
    lease space on third-party towers. A coverage map would seem more useful
    for most circumstances.

    Why are you asking for specific tower sites? A little more detail could
    help the rest of us find an answer for you.

    --
    The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
    "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.

    I am located in between hills and Verizon does not work in my area.
    SprintPCS seems to work well. I will be traveling to the Philippines
    frequently and would like to have a global phone. I want to know if the
    Cingular phone will function at my home location without having to purchase
    one and try it. Why can't the cell phone stores have loaner phones that you
    can try by simply providing a credit card number instead of having to go
    through the hassle of purchasing the phone and then returning it? This would
    save money and time for the customer and the cell phone provider.

    <johnbartley@email.com> wrote in message
    >>>"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    >
    > Well, just because there's a tower does not mean it provides coverage.
    > Nor
    > does the lack of a Cingular-owned tower mean no coverage, as carriers
    > often
    > lease space on third-party towers. A coverage map would seem more useful
    > for most circumstances.
    >
    > Why are you asking for specific tower sites? A little more detail could
    > help the rest of us find an answer for you.
    >

    > --
    > The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
    > "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the
    > exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and
    > these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or
    > with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those
    > whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.
    > John Bartley, K7AAY, PDX OR USA, Opinions mine.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    How about inviting a friend who uses Cingular over to your home for a
    weekend get together?

    1) Seriously, if you're happy with Sprint, stick with them. Just buy a GSM
    world phone on eBay for your travel needs.

    2) But if you want to roam in the Philipines using your US number, your
    only option would be to go with either T-Mobile or Cingular.

    >I am located in between hills and Verizon does not work in my area.
    >SprintPCS seems to work well. I will be traveling to the Philippines
    >frequently and would like to have a global phone. I want to know if the
    >Cingular phone will function at my home location without having to purchase
    >one and try it. Why can't the cell phone stores have loaner phones that you
    >can try by simply providing a credit card number instead of having to go
    >through the hassle of purchasing the phone and then returning it? This
    >would save money and time for the customer and the cell phone provider.
    >

    > <johnbartley@email.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Well, just because there's a tower does not mean it provides coverage.
    >> Nor
    >> does the lack of a Cingular-owned tower mean no coverage, as carriers
    >> often
    >> lease space on third-party towers. A coverage map would seem more useful
    >> for most circumstances.
    >>
    >> Why are you asking for specific tower sites? A little more detail could
    >> help the rest of us find an answer for you.
    >>

    >> --
    >> The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
    >> "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the
    >> exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and
    >> these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows,
    >> or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of
    >> those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.
    >> John Bartley, K7AAY, PDX OR USA, Opinions mine.

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
    Philippines with a Cingular phone?

    "Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote in message
    > How about inviting a friend who uses Cingular over to your home for a
    > weekend get together?
    >
    > 1) Seriously, if you're happy with Sprint, stick with them. Just buy a
    > GSM world phone on eBay for your travel needs.
    >
    > 2) But if you want to roam in the Philipines using your US number, your
    > only option would be to go with either T-Mobile or Cingular.
    >

    > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    >>I am located in between hills and Verizon does not work in my area.
    >>SprintPCS seems to work well. I will be traveling to the Philippines
    >>frequently and would like to have a global phone. I want to know if the
    >>Cingular phone will function at my home location without having to
    >>purchase one and try it. Why can't the cell phone stores have loaner
    >>phones that you can try by simply providing a credit card number instead
    >>of having to go through the hassle of purchasing the phone and then
    >>returning it? This would save money and time for the customer and the cell
    >>phone provider.
    >>

    >> <johnbartley@email.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Well, just because there's a tower does not mean it provides coverage.
    >>> Nor
    >>> does the lack of a Cingular-owned tower mean no coverage, as carriers
    >>> often
    >>> lease space on third-party towers. A coverage map would seem more
    >>> useful
    >>> for most circumstances.
    >>>
    >>> Why are you asking for specific tower sites? A little more detail could
    >>> help the rest of us find an answer for you.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
    >>> "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the
    >>> exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and
    >>> these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows,
    >>> or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of
    >>> those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.
    >>> John Bartley, K7AAY, PDX OR USA, Opinions mine.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    You could try this site;
    http://www.berkana.com/tower.php3
    or this site;
    http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/reports/state_sv.cfm

    T-Mobile now has a good signal strength map available on their web site
    that will show what kind of coverage signal you can expect with T-Mobile
    service. Just go to the coverage map for your area, and then click on
    the "street level coverage" tab.
    http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/

    John

    Mij Adyaw wrote:
    > Is there a map available that will show the locations of the cell sites
    > in my zip code? I would like to know if there is a nearby cell tower in my
    > area.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -mij

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    According to http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen, the
    cost of roaming with a Cingular account in the Philippines is $1.99/minute.

    --
    RJW

    Mij Adyaw wrote (3/16/2005 2:42 PM):

    > Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
    > Philippines with a Cingular phone?
    >

    > "Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>How about inviting a friend who uses Cingular over to your home for a
    >>weekend get together?
    >>
    >>1) Seriously, if you're happy with Sprint, stick with them. Just buy a
    >>GSM world phone on eBay for your travel needs.
    >>
    >>2) But if you want to roam in the Philipines using your US number, your
    >>only option would be to go with either T-Mobile or Cingular.
    >>

    >>"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I am located in between hills and Verizon does not work in my area.
    >>>SprintPCS seems to work well. I will be traveling to the Philippines
    >>>frequently and would like to have a global phone. I want to know if the
    >>>Cingular phone will function at my home location without having to
    >>>purchase one and try it. Why can't the cell phone stores have loaner
    >>>phones that you can try by simply providing a credit card number instead
    >>>of having to go through the hassle of purchasing the phone and then
    >>>returning it? This would save money and time for the customer and the cell
    >>>phone provider.
    >>>

    >>><johnbartley@email.com> wrote in message

  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellulat.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <Bd5_d.11609$ju.996@okepread07>,
    J Haggerty <jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:

    > T-Mobile now has a good signal strength map available on their web site
    > that will show what kind of coverage signal you can expect with T-Mobile
    > service. Just go to the coverage map for your area, and then click on
    > the "street level coverage" tab.
    > http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/

    Finally. Detailed Honest coverage maps, that apologists for Cingular and
    SprintPCS say is impossible to do.

    But there one is.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <L_%Zd.112830$bu.26230@fed1read06>,
    "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
    > Philippines with a Cingular phone?

    http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen

    $1.99 / minute

    You are far better served to get a world phone and buy a prepaid sim in
    the Phillipines. Ask your travel agent.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    $1.99 per minute. That is not just rape, it is sodimization!!! I believe
    that is higher than the per minute cost of a satellite phone.

    > In article <L_%Zd.112830$bu.26230@fed1read06>,
    > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
    >> Philippines with a Cingular phone?
    >
    > http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen
    >
    > $1.99 / minute
    >
    > You are far better served to get a world phone and buy a prepaid sim in
    > the Phillipines. Ask your travel agent.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <lN8_d.112850$bu.46273@fed1read06>,
    "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:

    > $1.99 per minute. That is not just rape, it is sodimization!!! I believe
    > that is higher than the per minute cost of a satellite phone.

    That's incoming and outgoing minutes.

    That is why it is not recommended (except by Company Agents) that you
    roam overseas.

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <L_%Zd.112830$bu.26230@fed1read06>,
    > > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
    > >> Philippines with a Cingular phone?
    > >
    > > http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen
    > >
    > > $1.99 / minute
    > >
    > > You are far better served to get a world phone and buy a prepaid sim in
    > > the Phillipines. Ask your travel agent.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:

    > In article <lN8_d.112850$bu.46273@fed1read06>,
    > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >

    >>$1.99 per minute. That is not just rape, it is sodimization!!! I believe
    >>that is higher than the per minute cost of a satellite phone.
    >

    > That's incoming and outgoing minutes.
    >

    > That is why it is not recommended (except by Company Agents) that you
    > roam overseas.

    Yeah, their attitude makes Darth Vader look like a 10 y/o school girl.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Actually, that is a really good rate for international phone calls, compared
    to what hotels charge, plus you don't have to play phone tag. Try to make a
    call back to the States from a Hilton overseas and you'll be shocked at what
    they charge! For an executive who need to be reached on important
    business, overseas roaming is a bonafide business expense.

    But i agree that if you're on personal business, it makes more sense to buy
    a local sim card along with a calling card for long distance calls.

    > $1.99 per minute. That is not just rape, it is sodimization!!! I believe
    > that is higher than the per minute cost of a satellite phone.
    >
    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <L_%Zd.112830$bu.26230@fed1read06>,
    >> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the cost is to roam in the
    >>> Philippines with a Cingular phone?
    >>
    >> http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/roaming_gen
    >>
    >> $1.99 / minute
    >>
    >> You are far better served to get a world phone and buy a prepaid sim in
    >> the Phillipines. Ask your travel agent.

  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellulat.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <Bd5_d.11609$ju.996@okepread07>,
    > J Haggerty <jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:
    >
    > > T-Mobile now has a good signal strength map available on their web site
    > > that will show what kind of coverage signal you can expect with T-Mobile
    > > service. Just go to the coverage map for your area, and then click on
    > > the "street level coverage" tab.
    > > http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/
    >
    > Finally. Detailed Honest coverage maps, that apologists for Cingular and
    > SprintPCS say is impossible to do.
    >
    > But there one is.

    Really? How did you check the accuracy?
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellulat.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In <jzwick3-6F6D39.21500216032005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 17 Mar
    2005 03:50:02 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >In article <Bd5_d.11609$ju.996@okepread07>,
    > J Haggerty <jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:
    >
    >> T-Mobile now has a good signal strength map available on their web site
    >> that will show what kind of coverage signal you can expect with T-Mobile
    >> service. Just go to the coverage map for your area, and then click on
    >> the "street level coverage" tab.
    >> http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/
    >
    >Finally. Detailed Honest coverage maps, that apologists for Cingular and
    >SprintPCS say is impossible to do.

    Yet another Zwick Fiction.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

    "A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
    "It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]

Cingular Zip Internet Service Providers