Please Help

onesickcrx

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2003
I just recently build another pc so I decided to share my cable connection I bought a D-Link 2.4G wireless router DI-514 and a D-Link PCI wireless card. OK this is the problem everything is fine exceptr the random disconnects I would have to reset the router is their anyway to fix this? It gets so annoying after while making me wish I didn't get a router

kwebb

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
I'd flash the firmware, especially if your router is behind a build or two. If it isn't firmware and your sure it's the router and not the client devices, then it is likely an interference issue. Do you have 2.4 Ghz phones? How about your neighbors? Do they have wireless LAN's up and running? I'd also verify it is in fact the Access Point, the wireless component of the router.

onesickcrx

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2003
yes I flashed it with the new firmware I'm not sure what it is I have 2.4 GHz phones but their not in used when the router disconnects both pcs.

kwebb

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
They don't necessarily have to be in use to cause problems. I'd kill power to the phones completely and do a test run. My guess is your problem will go away, though it not a certainty.

goloap

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
In my experience, you have to turn the receiver on for the 2.4Ghz phone to generate interference. If the receiver is on the base or it is turned off there is no interference being generated.

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies

kwebb

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
generally that is the case. depends on what system you have. my suggestion is done to eliminate it as a potential issue. Number one rule of troubleshooting. elimination

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
you also need to see compatibility with your modem, some dlink products do not like eacher other if you call d-link they will give you their ftp site to donw load,