Missing Neighbourhood?

Last response: in Video Games
September 27, 2005 5:47:26 PM

When we first installed Sims 2, I'm sure there was a choice of three
neighbourhoods, Pleasantville, Strangetown and another one, then you had
to scroll to get the option for a custom neighbourhood.

Installed Sims 2 and Nightlife immediately after and then University a
few days later. What must have been between NL and Uni the third
neighbourhood seems to have disappeared.

Any ideas where it's gone and how to get it back? I have tried
re-installing the game, due to an HD crash, no sign of the third
neighbourhood though. Could it have been caused by installing NL before
Uni?
--
Sean Black

More about : missing neighbourhood

September 27, 2005 5:47:27 PM

Sean Black said

> When we first installed Sims 2, I'm sure there was a choice of three
> neighbourhoods, Pleasantville, Strangetown and another one, then you
> had to scroll to get the option for a custom neighbourhood.
>
> Installed Sims 2 and Nightlife immediately after and then University a
> few days later. What must have been between NL and Uni the third
> neighbourhood seems to have disappeared.
>
> Any ideas where it's gone and how to get it back? I have tried
> re-installing the game, due to an HD crash, no sign of the third
> neighbourhood though. Could it have been caused by installing NL
> before Uni?

Look in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims
2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
The missing neighborhood is Veronaville, and should be numbered N003.

Copy ( not move ) the file to the sims file in EAGames in you documents
folder, under neighborhoods.

--
kat
>^..^<
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 2:50:37 AM

In message <dhbi8d$2m0$1@odyssey.colin-jones.co.uk>, kat <kat@ntalk.org>
writes
>Sean Black said
>
>> When we first installed Sims 2, I'm sure there was a choice of three
>> neighbourhoods, Pleasantville, Strangetown and another one, then you
>> had to scroll to get the option for a custom neighbourhood.
>>
>> Installed Sims 2 and Nightlife immediately after and then University a
>> few days later. What must have been between NL and Uni the third
>> neighbourhood seems to have disappeared.
>>
>> Any ideas where it's gone and how to get it back? I have tried
>> re-installing the game, due to an HD crash, no sign of the third
>> neighbourhood though. Could it have been caused by installing NL
>> before Uni?
>
>Look in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims
>2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
>The missing neighborhood is Veronaville, and should be numbered N003.
>
>Copy ( not move ) the file to the sims file in EAGames in you documents
>folder, under neighborhoods.

Thanks, sorted.
--
Sean Black