Missing Neighbourhood?

When we first installed Sims 2, I'm sure there was a choice of three
neighbourhoods, Pleasantville, Strangetown and another one, then you had
to scroll to get the option for a custom neighbourhood.

Installed Sims 2 and Nightlife immediately after and then University a
few days later. What must have been between NL and Uni the third
neighbourhood seems to have disappeared.

Any ideas where it's gone and how to get it back? I have tried
re-installing the game, due to an HD crash, no sign of the third
neighbourhood though. Could it have been caused by installing NL before
Uni?
--
Sean Black
2 answers Last reply

    Sean Black said

    > When we first installed Sims 2, I'm sure there was a choice of three
    > neighbourhoods, Pleasantville, Strangetown and another one, then you
    > had to scroll to get the option for a custom neighbourhood.
    >
    > Installed Sims 2 and Nightlife immediately after and then University a
    > few days later. What must have been between NL and Uni the third
    > neighbourhood seems to have disappeared.
    >
    > Any ideas where it's gone and how to get it back? I have tried
    > re-installing the game, due to an HD crash, no sign of the third
    > neighbourhood though. Could it have been caused by installing NL
    > before Uni?

    Look in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims
    2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
    The missing neighborhood is Veronaville, and should be numbered N003.

    Copy ( not move ) the file to the sims file in EAGames in you documents
    folder, under neighborhoods.

    --
    kat
    >^..^<

    In message <dhbi8d$2m0$1@odyssey.colin-jones.co.uk>, kat <kat@ntalk.org>
    writes
    >Sean Black said
    >
    >> When we first installed Sims 2, I'm sure there was a choice of three
    >> neighbourhoods, Pleasantville, Strangetown and another one, then you
    >> had to scroll to get the option for a custom neighbourhood.
    >>
    >> Installed Sims 2 and Nightlife immediately after and then University a
    >> few days later. What must have been between NL and Uni the third
    >> neighbourhood seems to have disappeared.
    >>
    >> Any ideas where it's gone and how to get it back? I have tried
    >> re-installing the game, due to an HD crash, no sign of the third
    >> neighbourhood though. Could it have been caused by installing NL
    >> before Uni?
    >
    >Look in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims
    >2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
    >The missing neighborhood is Veronaville, and should be numbered N003.
    >
    >Copy ( not move ) the file to the sims file in EAGames in you documents
    >folder, under neighborhoods.

    Thanks, sorted.
    --
    Sean Black