Compaq Presario 1247 Battery Drains Way to Fast...

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 6, 2004 6:33:51 PM

I have an older laptop (circa 1999-2000) that I use occassionally. The
battery, however, drains really fast. Say, less than an hour of light
use (no re-boots, etc.). Anyone know what this about? Should I just
replace the battery?

Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 6, 2004 8:17:06 PM

Obadiah wrote:
> I have an older laptop (circa 1999-2000) that I use occassionally.
> The battery, however, drains really fast. Say, less than an hour of
> light use (no re-boots, etc.). Anyone know what this about? Should
> I just replace the battery?
>
> Thanks.

The expected lifetime of a Lithium ion battery is about three years,
plus or minus, due to the design of the battery. Your battery is
advancing along the expected life curve.

a b D Laptop
August 6, 2004 8:30:00 PM

Quaoar wrote:

> Obadiah wrote:
> > I have an older laptop (circa 1999-2000) that I use occassionally.
> > The battery, however, drains really fast. Say, less than an hour of
> > light use (no re-boots, etc.). Anyone know what this about? Should
> > I just replace the battery?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> The expected lifetime of a Lithium ion battery is about three years,
> plus or minus, due to the design of the battery. Your battery is
> advancing along the expected life curve.

I see. Is it normal for them to last a lot less longer as the begin to
degrade? Thanks.
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2004 2:50:02 AM

Obadiah wrote:
> Quaoar wrote:
>
>> Obadiah wrote:
>>> I have an older laptop (circa 1999-2000) that I use occassionally.
>>> The battery, however, drains really fast. Say, less than an hour of
>>> light use (no re-boots, etc.). Anyone know what this about? Should
>>> I just replace the battery?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> The expected lifetime of a Lithium ion battery is about three years,
>> plus or minus, due to the design of the battery. Your battery is
>> advancing along the expected life curve.

> I see. Is it normal for them to last a lot less longer as the begin
> to degrade? Thanks.

Yes.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2004 3:51:44 AM

Obadiah wrote:
> I have an older laptop (circa 1999-2000) that I use occassionally. The
> battery, however, drains really fast. Say, less than an hour of light
> use (no re-boots, etc.). Anyone know what this about? Should I just
> replace the battery?

Look for a little piece of software called 'mobile meter'. It's free and
you can test the capacity of your battery with it.

Holger S.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2004 10:21:46 AM

Holger Schaefer wrote:
> Obadiah wrote:
>> I have an older laptop (circa 1999-2000) that I use occassionally.
>> The battery, however, drains really fast. Say, less than an hour of
>> light use (no re-boots, etc.). Anyone know what this about? Should
>> I just replace the battery?
>
> Look for a little piece of software called 'mobile meter'. It's free
> and you can test the capacity of your battery with it.

Did a google and couldn't find it. More detail on the program would be
appreciated.
--

Mike Russell
www.geigy.2y.net

Mike Russell wrote:
> Holger Schaefer wrote:
>
>>Look for a little piece of software called 'mobile meter'. It's free
>>and you can test the capacity of your battery with it.
>

> Did a google and couldn't find it. More detail on the program would be
> appreciated.

here's a link
www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Oakland/8259

Holger